Sunday 31st July - Arran

• 2023 Subscriptions

Made the ferry with an hour to spare, but it was hard work. That string road is about 10 miles climbing and one mile of scarily fast descent. Max speed on that was 49.7 before I hit the brakes - could probably have hit 60 if my bottle had not gone. Mind you, there was some pretty dodgy road surface and it's hard to see when your glass are vibrating like a pneumatic drill A wee bit of help.

Thanks for all the support today. Glad I decided to cut it short - I'd have been looking for a B&B if I'd carried on.

Hope you all made it round ok and Morna's dog didn't make too much of a mess

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thank you to everyone for a very memorable day out.  It was shame to finish with the train, but in the dark with no lights is not sensible so a lesson learned there.  Glad to hear you are home safe Boyd, I hope it was the same for everyone else.

Made the ferry with an hour to spare, but it was hard work. That string road is about 10 miles climbing and one mile of scarily fast descent. Max speed on that was 49.7 before I hit the brakes - could probably have hit 60 if my bottle had not gone. Mind you, there was some pretty dodgy road surface and it's hard to see when your glass are vibrating like a pneumatic drill A wee bit of help.

Thanks for all the support today. Glad I decided to cut it short - I'd have been looking for a B&B if I'd carried on.

Hope you all made it round ok and Morna's dog didn't make too much of a mess

Oh dear Boyd. I did come home to 2 small stinky surprises in the kitchen. Glad you got home ok. Look forward the next one :)

What a fantastic day, around 80 miles including the cycle to Ardrossan.

Thanks to all for making it a memorable day, I hope to see you all for tomorrows TT.

It was nice passing you all cycling up the hill, in my nice car :)

Hope the train crew managed to get home in good time.

Boyd we also hit 50 down the hill after Lochranza.... No brakes allowed tho