Sunday 26th June Long road to Dunoon ......

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

Spoke to Paul Levy earlier & we're both keen to get out this sunday despite mix weather report, chances of rain later on in the afternoon but hay ....... at least it'll be warm rain :-)

Anyway, destination Dunoon

Bridge - Dumbarton - Helensborough - Whistlefield - Arrachor - Rest - Hell's Glen (optional) - Struchar - Loch Erk - Dunoon - Ferry - West Ferry - Home.

100 miles no less I guess :-)

All company welcome - how about an early start say 8.30am meet at the bridge!

​Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

I have groped and fondled my bike back to its verdant glory but my plinking knee has forced me to be sensible* and go with the thirty milers tomorrow. Have a good run and I will be out to play another day.

*A new word for me I had to look up a dictionary!

• Life Members

Another Jerkyll & Hyde ride weather wise today, dry for the first part of the ride but pretty wet for the remainder :-(

Six of us meet at the bridge early this morning - Campbell, Eric, Iain C, James, PaulL & myself set off heading toward Helensburgh, but a last minute route changed meant Campbell & Iain headed for Dunoon, but instead the 4 of us went round to Kilcreggan clockwise via the coast to climb the hill after Coulport for a fast descend back down to Farslane. The new revised route took us up Glen Fruinn to drop back down to Balloch via the loch side for a welcome café stop in Balloch.

The day had been dry with a bit of sun peaking through up to that point, but as soon as we sat down for our café feast, the rain started to fall as forecast. A long café stop due to the place being busy, but eventually we had to face the prospect of a wet ride home. So, we reluctantly donned our waterproof & made the return leg to the bridge, where upon I parted company with the guys. Hope everyone got home ok & Paul managed to catch the Ireland v France game, please don't tell me the score as I want to watch my recording proper!

Thanks for the wheels & company today, guys - hope Campbell & Iain didn't get caught out with the rain before the ferry!

155 km for me by the time I returned home - please let the weather be better next Sunday, fingers crossed!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

sorry to have missed it Chung, did same ride Sat as plans on Sunday

Nice one Iain, hope you had a "dry" ride :-)

Fancy Loch Katrine next Sunday? (Only if weather is half decent though :grin:)

Cheers

Chung