Northside Run Sunday 19th June

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

Bit of a late post but hopefully someone would like to join in for a wee jaunt over the bridge & do one my favourite bump - yes, that's right the Crow Road is calling.

Exact route not 100% set & depends on numbers, but will include the mighty Crow at some point, no less than 60 miles run I guess :-)

9.30am South side of the bridge if folks are interested, please post up of intention if it tickles your fancy  :grin:

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Chung, the Trossachs Ton is on Sunday so Crow Road might be busier than normal. Enjoy!

Thanks Alex for the heads up, that's sounds like more wheels to follow them ............ win-win situation :-)

Will you grace us with your presence? Would be great to see you!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Thanks for posting folks, I've got a route for tomorrow now:

Bridge 9.30am - Hardgate - Milngarvie - Mugdock - Strathblane (picking up Ritchie's mate) - LennoxTown - CROW - Fintry - Top of the World - Arnprior - Port of Montieth - Aberfoyle (café option) - Gartmore - PipeTrack - Dryman (café option) - Cycle route 7 - Bonhill - Dumbarton - Bridge - Home :-)

See you all tomorrow then

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

I'm assuming being Father's Day today, most of us got the permission to do what we want - ride me bike :-) hence the fair size turn out at the Bridge this morning.

I counted 10 to begin with:

Andrew, Campbell, David C, Eric, Paul C, Ritchie, Ryan, Tom, myself & Murray (Ryan's mate), then with Darren (Ritchie's colleague from work) joining us in Strathblane making a total of 11 bodies for today's run.

It was a ride of 2 halfs - the forecast was for light rain pretty much everywhere, but we seem to have been blessed with fairly dry weather up till when we got to Drymen were upon the heavens opened & it was wet from then on. :-(

The Crow was un-usually quiet given the fact it was part of todays Trossachs Ton route, however we did encounter a fair number of riders along the valley before & after the Crow, no wheels for us to follow I'm afraid, they were going the opposite direction anyway. Crow road done & Paul left us to head to Killearn instead as he was struggling for time, which left the remaining 10 for a quick blast towards Aberfoyle. A quick decision was made to have a café stop at Drymen after the PipeTrack, instead of one in Aberfoyle. Not a good move as the usual place we frequent - The Pottery was closed (shut down or moved) so an alternative café was fold after Murray controversial suggested that we should head to the local village pub :-)

The wee café we found on the main street was a bit overwhelmed by 10 hungry cyclist demanding food & drinks all at once, but they cope well & it was much appreciated by all.

The latter part of the ride after the café stop was wet & but at least on some quiet roads until we got back to Bonhill, where the sound of the passing cars on wet road are deafening :-(

As the norm for me, stayed on the Northside of the river to head home solo & bid fairwell to my fellow Wheelers at the Bridge. Hope everyone got home fine to be showered by lovely Father's day presents :-)

Thanks again for the wheels & great company today to make what was a wet day in the end into a fab Fathers Day ride for me at least, hope you guys enjoyed it too!

155km by the time I got home & 20lb heavier due to the water all my gear have absorbed :-)

Cheers & lets hope next Sunday is dryer

Chung