Recommend me a good sports physio

Darryl Gunson

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Folks

It is still early days since my off, and I have still to see the consultant to see if the bones have knitted together, but at some stage this summer I'm going to need the services of a good physio. I'll be seeing the NHS physio for some basic mobility stuff, but I will also need someone to work with me to get me back on the bike and help me get my pre-off strength back.

So, please recommend me a good sports physio, preferably someone with experience working with cyclists.

Thanks

Darryl

Darryl,

If Alison Montgomery is still practicing then I'd highly recommend her. Wife of former Kilmarnock FC Captain Ray Montgomery and top girl herself on the sporting front. She put me back together after a serious martial arts injury and understands athelete in all their guises. Knows her stuff. Funnily enough Alison and Ray took up cycling when Ray hung up his boots.

Alison is based in Ardrossan - might be a trek for you, but very good at what she does. Takes no nonsense.

M