Sunday 29th May - Aberfoyle & beyond ......

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

I'm planning on a ride this Sunday, weather is meant to be descent, so any company would be most welcome.

Here's what I have in mind:

Clubroom 9.00am (flexible if folks wan to be earlier) - Bridge - Dumbarton - Bonhill - Cycle Route 7 - Dryman - Pipetrack - Aberfoyle - (Insert options) - Lake of Monteith - cross to Arnprior - Top of the World - into Fintry for a final assault up the Crow Road :-) - Lennoxtown (Cafe stop ?) - Strathblane - Mugdock - Hardgate - Bridge & home

Approx. 70-ish miles

OPTIONS

add - up & over Duke's Pass - Right Turn after the DP onto A821 - head towards A84 towards - Callander - onto B822 towards Thornhill - over to Kippen - Top of the World - Fintry

Extra 20 miles or so (I think)

I'll keep the option open & decide on the day if that's ok with folks!

Anyway, please post if you can come along & the more the merrier :-)

Thanks

Chung

• Life Members

Fabulous sunny day of cycling with beautiful country side scenery, it cannot get any better than that :-)

A compact bunch of 5 met at the bridge this morning - Andrew Dunn, Emma, Eric, Young Marty (Jets) & myself set off to do the route, but missing out the "extra option" as Emma was meant to be in recovery mode after her road race yesterday down in Yorkshire, for her University race team.

The weather was a tad nippy in the morning but as the day went on the sun decided to play ball & made a much welcome appearance. It got much warmer by the time we got to Aberfoyle & we were basking in summer sunshine, so a necessary wee coffee stop was had sitting outside on the Main street cafe. It was also at this point that Andrew discovered he had a "wobbly" freehub as it was making horrible grinding noise. Thankfully it stayed intact & at least he made it back to the bridge & hopefully home without too much bother :shock:

Over the Lake of Montieth & climbing into Fintry for a final assault up the Crow, it was perfect as unusually there was no head wind to speak of & lack of traffic made the climbing just a bit more enjoyable .......... just!

A brilliant descend down into Lennoxtown for our lunch stop proper of the day, then making our way back to the bridge.

Well done to Emma for staying the course & digging in to complete her what it must be a 140km (80miles) recovery ride ......... ouch!

Now you can go out on a proper recovery ride tomorrow :grin:

Thanks for the company & wheels guys & gal ..................... THREE sunny Sundays in a role ....... it's better than winning the lottery :grin:

150km & 4,800 vertical feet by the time I got home ................ brilliant!

Cheers

​Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great route choice Chung and the weather set us up for a cracking day. Pleased for Andrew that his cassette/hub hung in well enough to see him through, hopefully easily fixed!  Chapeau to Emma for backing up a day of racing down south with good mileage today and Matti for his display of effortless hill climbing, well done both.