Tue 10 May, 19:00 - League of 10 TT #3 Westferry, 10 miles

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions
The third of this year's League of 10 TTs on the Westferry.  First-timers and returners welcome!

First rider off at 19:00, so meet at 18:45 at the layby on the Clyde side of the M8/A8 roundabout between Bishopton and Langbank. A 10 mile route up to the roundabout at Ferguson's Shipyard, Port Glasgow and back.  Here's a link to the route: Westferry 10.

Two volunteers please to officiate.

Note: The schedule for Confined Events over the next few weeks has been amended to fit with the 25 mile TTs that we are running in conjunction with the CTT.

• Members

Hi, Graham. I see the Frank Lauder has been moved back eight weeks in this reshuffle.

I really appreciate your efforts with the confined calendar, but to revisit a point I've made over the last few years, when you're training with one eye on a particular date, it's a bit of a nuisance when that date moves by such a large amount at such short notice.

I do appreciate this is likely to be a minority view.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richard

I think the change was due to the club running some CTT events on 18 and 25 so I have to take the blame a bit for this

We have some riders riding the west of Scotland Leauge and I think it's only right that we should contribute to it so we are running 2 25 mile TT as practice for the 25 national , I think if it goes well we will run the same next year prior to the national and our confined events might not need to be altered after the calendar has been produced

• 2023 Subscriptions

Time Trial cancelled tonight due to high winds. Discussion took place at West Ferry car park with Alan T, Tom Hill, Billy, Richard, Ian Couttie and Paul L and in the interest of safety decided to cancel as bikes were proving difficult to control at the sea front.  Decided to have a consolation run on the Georgetown but when arrived at the start it was just as windy there. Nice sunny warm night though. Carol & Dave

• Members

The Met Office observation site at Bishy recorded wind speeds of 14-17mph (easterly) between 6 and 7 o'clock, with gusts of 32-36mph. We had a 14mph westerly for last week's confined, and I could more or less ride my bike in straight line then, so I suppose the gusts were the major difference tonight!

Thanks to Carol and Dave for volunteering to run the show. Hope everyone got home safely.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Horrible trying to keep the TT bike in a straight line tonight, as Richard said, the gusts were the problem. Thanks to Dave and Carol for volunteering tonight, and at least we had a nice run back.