Double Lumpy Largs

• 2023 Subscriptions

A good day out on the 'double lumpy', a few incidents (glad to learn those involved are ok) some obligatory hill induced pain and laughs along the way!

Good route planning matched by riding weather and dry roads. Helped along with a coffee and scone at the BB on 1st Largs visit, chocolate Freddo (cheers Paul) and coke on the return leg!   

• 2023 Subscriptions

What happened to you Paul?

Coming down to Greenock from the Golfcourse locked up the Wheel(should have used Swisstops) on the Tight right turn at bottom of descent and glided gracefully into a torn bush... Couple of scratches and some torns inserted in my face lol... nothing serious...  I will leave that to John ;)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Have to say fantastic run tough very tough totally popped on second assent of Brisbane and had a lonely ride across the Glen staring at Charlie's arsenal .

Recovered to climb up the whyn and even sat with Jan on the front on the track, also got a KOM for the decent into Largs

Glad everyone is still alive and serious damage done.. Fine route today McB. Chapeau. Tired legs by the time I got back to Carmunnock. North of 80 lumpy miles so happy with that.

Darryl, we thought we had offended you the way you streaked up the track or you needed a pee!!!!. We were only 100 yards or so off your wheel. Had you in sight all the way to the lights at morrisons but had to stop for traffic.

M

• Committee

Big thanks to our friends Gregg (who really wants to be in JWCC) and Richie from the Koooriers who, as well as doing lots of work at the front, also introduced us to the wonders of Largs Poundbasket, opposite the comfort stop.

Astounding amounts of much-needed sugar for a quid. Makes my teeth hurt thinking about it now, this must be the caries-ridden centre of Ayrshire, but it cannot be beaten when you're on the edge of bonking.

• 4 weeks later...