Bealach na Bà 2016 - July 30th

PaulL

Guys thanks very much for the offers of bikes!!! Very generous!

Unfortunately after I phoned wife saying bike is fooked she went and booked a trip to see her Greek relatives in Norfolk!!! So am away to smash plates for the weekend!!! If I have put people out money wise for camping pods I still don't mind paying my share! Sorry guys I know you were really looking forward to my top banter!

Might take offer up for DA if bike is still broke!!!

Yours truly gutted

J. Esus

• 2023 Subscriptions

What a great trip with Ian Mcginty, Iain Carvill, Alan McBride, Mark(Iain's Pal) and David C weather was miserable but the company was most excellent. Everyone got over the Mighty Bealach Na Ba... a few different routes taken but we all ended up in The Applecross Inn for some beverages and late night shenanigans. When can we go back!

Not sure what time I got up the Climb in, but Alan was seen to ride up the lower slopes like Demon... looking forward to seeing his time!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Brilliant trip, typical Scottish summer weather Visibility at the top of the climb was about 50 metres, and hosing it down , but still an awesome ascent .. Toughest I've ever done, looking forward to doing it again .. Applecross Inn is a great wee boozer, really nice nosh and beer garden right on the beach with mega views across to Skye, brilliant laugh and brutal hangover for the 5 hour trip home

Forgot to mention this but as me, paul and David cycled through a particularly wet section of our route I became aware of a car tailing us and someone hanging out the window, I was waiting on some abuse or worse only to turn and discover our very own Porto saying hello, very Surreal but great to see him, hopefully next time he can join us on the bike 😉