10 April Some Hills

• Life Members

Well, having not turned a pedal or planted my back side on a bike saddle since last Saturday around Oudenaarde, I was hoping for a few wheels to sit on to "ease" myself back into things :-)

8 of us - Eric, Gerard, Iain67, James, Paul Levy, Paul (Iain's mate), Robbie & myself met & set off from the bridge around 9.45am (Iain, we did try to wait for you but not knowing if you were coming or not)

We stuck to the proposed route proper - Hardgate, Kyber Pass, Strathblane, Lennoxtown, Kilsyth, Tak, down onto Carron Valley, then Fintry & Crow road for Café/lunch stop at Lennoxtown, after which a blast back to Milngarvie then over the bridge for home.

Over some new roads for some, so hope youse enjoyed it. The Tak from Kilsyth end is always hard with steep gradients & poor road surface, even doing Flanders last week didn't make this any easier :-(

Well done to Paul (Iain's mate) for digging deep even after cramping on top of the Tak, it was still a long way to go.

Not to bore youse with more Flanders comparison :-) even though I only managed 130km today compare to last Saturdays 230km, some how - there were bits today that I found harder ............. weird!

Anyway, thanks again to all for the wheels & great company today. I think Gerard took a photo (or two) of us today, any chance in posting them up (especially the one at the café stop :-))

P.S Robbie, remember to take the chocolate bars out of the back pocket before washing the gilet, otherwise you'll be riding for AG2R Le Mondiale Pro Team :-)

Cheers

Chung