Sun 13 Mar, 10:00 - Restricted Gear TT, Gateside, 10ish miles

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is the first Confined Event of the season, about 10 miles on a hilly route, restricted to the small chainring.  

(I'll bring along some cable ties to temporarily disable your large chainring!)

Here is a link to the route: http://www.mapmyride.../view/651582320, the TT is 2 laps.

This is a fun event, a bit different from traditional TTs, and can act as an introduction to the seasons confined events for both those new to TTs and old hands!

I will help with this one, but one other volunteer please to help with pushing off and timekeeping.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Graham,

Can you tell me what time it starts at and where exactly it starts for a newcomer.

Thanks

Start line is around about here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.7486602,-4.5632603,3a,75y,188.73h,76.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRdRuLF9xeridr9ETgUUAxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

10 am is the first rider away, sometimes riders will meet at the clubrooms beforehand before heading over together but i dont know if anyone is doing that this year

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Graham for the timekeeping and risk assessments(you missed out the horses!) and notices, and to Alan for the holding up bit. Absolutely glorious weather too, clearly contributing to the massive PB

• 2023 Subscriptions

Does anyone know the actual distance around the gateside circuit. Reason for asking is the Barmill circuit is simply not possible for a roAD race in 3 weeks time regardless of how much the council respond to my requests for pot holes to be fixed. They could not fix that much in 3 weeks.

So was thinking of about gateside circuit insteAD.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was a lovely day for this, the club website was down - but everything else was good!

Just 3 riders:

Lap 1   Lap 2   Total       Previous Times

Carol C    21:25   21:18   42:43       43.03 (2015)

Dave C    18:25   19:30   37:55       38:04 (2015)

Alan T     15:58   15:58   31:56       35:06 (2014)

Well done to all, looks like a new set of PBs all round, Alan gets extra points for consistency!

£9 transferred to the club account.