20 March North Side

• Life Members

Wow, that was indeed a splendid day on the bike with fellow Wheelers!

Just filling in a few minor details just to complete what everyone wrote above.

The two café stop was enjoyed outside under glorious sunshine ........ in March :-)

No major mechanical until Paul grew a few inches & decided that he need to adjust his saddle on top of the Duke's Pass, disaster as the bolt would not thread back on properly. With a loose saddle & avoiding to look like he was constantly "jiving" while peddling, he rode all the way to Callander with his backside perch in mid-air :-) It was a good Thomas Voackler impression indeed.

Luckily, Darryl came to his rescue & managed to fixed the problem when we reach Callander, with nothing more than a bit of "duct tape" that he had with him.

Pure genius!

From now on, I'll be carrying a bit of duct tape in my tool bottle too!

What with the Evans Cycle sportive around that neck of the woods, we did encounter quite a few cyclist on the road, but nothing we could catch a wheel on. So, our bunch of 6 worked really well as a group to make it all the way round. Until we got to Milngarvie where upon again I left the bunch to stay North side to head home solo via the Col de Ayr Road with a bloody head wind too.

Eventually got home with 173km ridden, not as much as last Sunday for me, but still over a ton in 2 consecutive Sundays ............ not bad going ......... considering it's only March!

Anyway, thanks for the wheels & company today chaps .............. Dunoon next Sunday then!

Cheers

Chung