Jim DAly road race

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

All

I have finally sorted out the on line entries etc for the JD memorial road race. See below for details that I posted on Braveheart site earlier.

I am on the call for helpers to assist on Sunday 3rd April from 0930 to 1300. Any help much appreciated as always.

It must be fate that Jim's second name contains DA :)

The 56 mile Jim Daly road race will be held on Sunday 3rd April this year at 10am. The race will be either 2 or 3 age related groups. As usual there will be excellent weather on the rolling 9 mile circuit. New regulations mean that entrants must be full members of TLI which can be joined for £10 on the TLI website. Good value if you are planning to do some of the TLI cross races or the Moniaive and Rothesay races.

Direct link to enter the race via the TLI web site is below,

http://www.tlicycling.org.uk/onlineentry.aspx?event=2054

• Life Members

Apologies Paul, like Alex - I'll be in Belgium on the day of the race, so cannot lend a hand. :-(

Good luck with the organising & on the day!

P.S If I can help in any way before the race, just give me a shout.

Cheers

Chung

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Paul, put me down to marshall at my usual spot- at bottom of hill where the bus stop is. Just along from the strip in Barrmill.

This is a two man corner, I believe, so put big Toole with me so I can annoy him for a couple of hours :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just to mention the race is now live and open for entries on TLI web site. I had a number of weeks having to resolve some software issues but receiving entries ok now.

Mark, as a special concession you can be forgiven for lack of DA on your number plate and your leAD car duties would be muchos appreciated.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Dear all

Many thanks for the offers of help but I have had to cancel this race for the first time, see below an email I sent out to all entrants last night,

Dear all entrants

With great regret I need to cancel/postpone the race on 3rd April. There are 2 reasons for this and I can't see both being sorted on time, the first is that I only have 15 entrants which makes it impractical to run and the second is that it is just not possible to run the race on the circuit for which I have police permission as there are so many areas with serious pot holes. I have investigated other circuits but can't find a suitable one near the strip.

I will look to try and run later in the year. Meantime I will sort out refunds via PayPal.

Apologies again

Paul

Paul,

Difficult conditions, both under wheel and the change in TLI regulations

Hopefully we can get this rearranged for later in the year. Let me know if you need help. Definitely a race that we need to maintain, on this circuit or an alternative

Kenny