Sunday 21st Feb 2016 - Reliability #3 - Sinclair Street

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

The third of the 2016 Reliability rides, to Sinclair Street (Helensburgh), 58 miles, is on Sunday 21st February.

All rides will leave from club rooms on Miller Street.

As previously, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the fastest bunch at 9:45am.

The route is here: http://www.mapmyride...t-route-1827559

Tea, coffee, soup, rolls, cakes will be served in the club rooms at the end of the ride, donations of food gratefully accepted, please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting.  If you haven't brought any food to the reliabilities yet there is still time, thanks to those who have contributed previously.

A volunteer please to heat the soup and open up the club rooms.

• Members

This reliability brings back memories of the time I did a track stand at traffic lights at the bottom of Sinclair Street . The local church had just come out and the congregation was streaming across the road . When the lights went to green  I jumped on pedals to get a quick getaway . Only to end up on the deck in a heap , as the chain had snapped LOL  much to the amusement of the rest of the bunch. I wish I could say it was my super strength but alas it was a batch of dodgy chains . I can recall at least 4 other club members suffering a similar fate that season.

Another memorable reliability run round that circuit was stopped by the police just after Cardross . Our bunch was about 25 strong and we had caught the Glasgow district CTC who had about 30 in their bunch . A Police inspector pulled us over and told us to ride in single file , realising this would cause even more of a hold up for traffic we duly obliged without any discussion . It was a sight to behold as the group rode into Helensburgh in one long line .

ps it took an eternity to get to back of bunch when you had done a spell icon_rolling_smile

• 2023 Subscriptions

Looking at the latest forecast I don't see any improvement, so I think it would be only the hardiest of souls who might venture out for this run tomorrow.

Iain, perhaps you could keep the soup in the hope of better weather next week?

Going to be an indoor day for me, but I might give the turbo a go.

• Life Members

Still intend doing this run. Any one else. Will be at club rooms for 9.30 depart

Charlie, I intend to be out tomorrow as I really need to :-0

Please be patience with me though, as I've not turned a pedal properly for a wee while :-)

Cheers

Chung