Club track time February 28th 7pm-9pm

• 2023 Subscriptions

I am curious about track riding, is it for me?  If I can get a go then I am up for it.  Will others let me know what I have to bring and what can be loaned to get on the boards.

Details are in the first post - basically will be about £17 (if we have more than 16 riders it will be a little less) each for the track time and if you need to hire a bike then it will be an additional £11.10, and if you need shoes with Look Keo cleats another £4.80.

Other than that just bring your cycling kit, a helmet and some water. I'd also recommend to wear cycling gloves - wooden velodromes are pretty much why cycling mitts were invented - and some people (like me)  wear 2 layers on top, like a baselayer under their cycling jersey. But this isnt essential.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Numbers looking good now :) 

So Far
Group 1 Jan, Paul, Paul L , Daryl David, Charlie Al, Alan T Boyd A Guest Norma

Group 2 Ian A , Alex, Robie, James Grahame Carol David Gerard

I think Ian has ridden on the track before just not got his full accreditation

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good that's you all signed up it will cost £14 for those that have a bike

The session will be split into two groups group 1 on the track 20 minute warm up including some Russian steps

Second session some drills for riding the elimination

Last session coached lead elimination race where you will be tasked to ride , it will be clearer on the night

Group 2 will pay it by ear and see how we get on

Billy,

Further to our conversation of last week and on the provisio there is space in group 2 I'd fancy acquainting myself further with the track. Have only ridden one 'taster' session but loved it. Your call on the numbers in the group. Would need a bike hire of course.

M

PS if you need a guest or two I think Heather would be keen to give it a go but would be classed as a rank beginner.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy,

Further to our conversation of last week and on the provisio there is space in group 2 I'd fancy acquainting myself further with the track. Have only ridden one 'taster' session but loved it. Your call on the numbers in the group. Would need a bike hire of course.

M

PS if you need a guest or two I think Heather would be keen to give it a go but would be classed as a rank beginner.

I tried to PM you Mark but i think your inbox is full - what size of bike will you both need and also shoe size if you dont have Look Keo cleats? 

• 2023 Subscriptions

If anyone needs to hire a bike and/or shoes and hasnt already PM'd me with the size details (so far dont have details for Mark, Heather and Darren) then please post here or PM me by tomorrow morning (Saturday) at the latest as the form needs to be submitted tomorrow.  This is the deadline from Glasgow Life rather than me picking a random day out the air.

If i dont have these details i'll have to remove you from the list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Note if you are hiring a bike be there in plenty of time to pick it up also will start the session with the experienced group 20 minutes of European fun

This allows a bit more tweaking of the other groups bikes

If any body is about 5:10 and needs a bike they can borrow mine but let me know