Fenwick APR 20 March

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Seems to be open for entries now, first come first served.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/140619/Fenwick-APR

It is an E-1-2-3-4 however last year there was enough for 2 races and the first one was pretty much 4th Cat only - normally these have to be on closed circuits so this is a rare opportunity and if you fancy dipping your toes into racing this year for the first time this will be a good one to start off with. Unless of course you get stuck in the scratch group!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

I missed the deadline, emailed about reserve list but didnt hear back but now not able to ride now anyway :(

Would someone mind posting the groups that everyone is seeded in? And what is the gap between each group?  I might be able to tell you who has been going well this winter - who to watch for a sprint or who to not believe when they say they are on their limit and cant come through and do a spell! 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yeah good luck at the weekend.

For those in the first race then there are quite a few talented juniors (most of whom can sprint) in the scratch group so the best chance of getting in the points is to avoid being caught rather than saving a bit in reserve waiting for the catch then contesting the finale with them.  Although this is pretty much standard APR advice it's not like i have been able to offer any proper insight :D

Good race today Iain was right about the juniors . Unfortunately my group lost a number of riders early who dropped off leaving a smaller group to do the work so we couldn't catch the first group. The pace slowed a bit more on the 2nd lap I made some attempts on the front to try and raise it a bit. The group further imploded on the second time up the dams and was not working anymore so the catch was made with about 5 k to go: the final uphill sprint was as Jan had predicted but I managed to hold on and finished mid bunch. Good day for first race of the season and perfect trIaining for DA

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chapeau Colin. In the later race I started in group 1 with Alan in group 2, there were 3 groups total. There were 2 mins between groups. Group 1 worked well for the first lap and into second lap with some bodies shed along the way. Early in the second lap we were caught by combo of 2nd and 3rd group who were pretty well flying. Anyway rode with them for about 6 or 7 miles to DAms climb at which point I got that horrible getting pumped out the back sensation. Teamed up with another dropee and rode to finish in our own wee 2 up.

I'll let Alan post up his own report but chatting to him afterwards I think he experienced that a singular moment of poor placing or indecision with the elites means you lose 20m and you just don't get it back unless your name is Fabian !

As Colin very importantly points out, it's more hard yards in the bag for DA.

:)