Sunday Run 3rd Jan 2016 :-)

chung

• Life Members

Hi all,

I intend to head out this Sunday for a pedal (trying to add to my 370km over the festive period)

So, if anyone fancy it them I'll be glad for some company & wheels.

9.30am Clubroom - GT road - Bridge - Dumbarton - Helensburgh - Sinclair Street - Arden Roundabout - Balloch (Cafe) - Alexandria - Dumbarton - Bridge - Home

Circa no more than 50miles :-) weather forecast a bit dull but hopefully dry :-0

Hope to see youse out for a first of the year! Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers

Chung

Well -- at least it didn't rain!!

Darryl and me peeled off at Erskine Bridge. Bishopton, top half of Clune , The Wall (!) Kilmacolm for cafe stop. Bunch of Lomond Roads guys there and a few Couriers.

Dave Cathcart was in there.

Darryl - thanks for your patience and keeping me going!

48 miles.

Met Andy D on track at Kilbarchan - hadn't checked forum for bunch run!

• Life Members

Well, that was a good bunch with a good run today!

A group of 11 with a mix of Jets - Charlie, Matty & Hamish, along with the senior citizens of AlanT, Darryl, Emma, PaulC, Paul Levy, Robbie, Robbo & myself, departed from the clubroom this morning.

Picked up a few more bodies - Campbell H, Gerard, Jess & Lusia (2 more Jets) at the Bridge, at the same time Darryl & Paul split from us to do a shorter route as they were time constrain. It was good to catch up though even though it was a short spell.

The remaining 13 headed round the planned route with the Jets putting in some strong shifts at the front, sometimes too strong :-)

Obviously, once we got to Sinclair Street, we couldn't hold them back. They made an early attack but thankfully Robbie stayed with them, if only to make sure they're all ok :-)

A regroup at the car park at the top followed by what should have been a fast decent was slowed by the constant strong head wind.

A wee mechanical for Hamish on the Lochside road meant for once he was at the back :-) But not for long.

Teas & coffee in Ballochs Corrie Cafe for everyone (except for Gerard & Robbo who skipped it as they had to be back before 12.30 & Matty, who had a lift from his mum as she waited for him in Balloch)

Everyone crossed the bridge except for me as I stayed Northside to head home, I hope everyone got home safely despite the wind!

All in, a good day on the bike, at least it stayed dry if a bit dull. But I cannas ask for more.

Thanks for the wheels & company today, Jets & Wheelers!

Definitely a good start to the year, more of the same please :-)

Over & out

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good day to be out, even with the headwind, which was really only in our faces on the descent after Sinclair St. and the return to the bridge. We had a nice steady pull from the bridge, through to the Red smiddy, chasing down a bunch from Paisley Velo, but just as we caught them, they splintered. The 4 remaining riders had a good pull along the Georgetown with the wind at our backs.

55 miles on the clock for me, and a cracking day out.