Help on joining licences etc

Chriscaad8

Hi, i'm looking to pay and join the club for next year. I started cycling back in may and im needing to get on to your sunday runs for a bit of experience with bunch riding. Got myself up to 30 miles last year and generally around 17mph average out myself, would this be ok to get out in 1 of your groups when the weather suits me a little better?

Im just needing to know who to pay and when for 2016 also how much your top is?

Ive never raced before and im not sure if id need a licence. Im particulary interested in doing the barmill race if it runs next year ive been and watched it 3 times (dad/coach races for falkirk) but not sure if id need a british cycling licence?

Only done a 10 mile tt in rothesay and managed round in a 30.26 on a borrowed bike, going to get a tli licence and try and do some more of that. Wanted to get under 30 minutes so badly but enjoyed it anyway cant wait to go again next year.

I'm from beith and this clubs the closest good one i can find that suits me so look forward to coming along and learning, not worried about coming for a trial before paying been waiting months to get the ball rolling to get me a bit quicker next year.

Sorry for the lengthy post il be full of them as im relatively new to it and full of wonder lol

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chris

Welcome you can join now I am sure somebody from the committee will tell you how , bit late we are out tomorrow for a short run leaving 0930 see if you can make it

Re Barmill road race Paul McD runs the Jim Daily Race which is a TLI event and an APR so you don't need a BC licence however if you are planning to race you will need one , the race latter in the year is BC so you will need a licence

Chris,

I've copied a paragraph from one of the posts about membership / joining at the bottom of this.

Best bet is to give one of the bunch rides a try. They're all posted on the forum and are generally a 30 / 50 / longer ride with the pace being a bit faster. If you're doing 17 average on your own you'll be fine. The bunch run Billy (Moi) mentioned tomorrow goes up the Bowfield climb, so if you're able to make it but can't get to Johnstone, we should be passing Bowfield (Howood) around 0945-0955 (ish)

The guys on the run can explain more about racing, membership etc. Hope you can join us.

Cheers, Alex

Membership fees for 2016 are due, no change to last years prices.

Senior £30, Family £50, Junior £15, Youth £15, OAP £5.

Membership is available online via British Cycling with the following link. https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/club/subscriptions?club_id=589

You do not need to be a British Cycling member to join.

If you have not been a member of British Cycling before you can have free bronze membership or discounted ride, silver or gold. PM SansC (Membership Secretary) for the code.

Thats brilliant thanks. I wouldnt make tomorow. During the summer i would go out on a monday/tuesday night then a friday night odd saturday at 7 then sundays at 9. Im off work for 6 months to look after my baby daughter and just have to work around that and my girlfriends job.

I'll get on and get paid up. Too scared to take my canondale out in the wind and rain as ive only had it 3 month but i might go get my old raleigh i started on so i can get out havent even been on my turbo for 2 weeks.

Il keep an eye out and see what is going on with the club and try and get a long and meet some of you all

Thanks jane. How much are they usually? I'll likely have to purchase that february or march when funds allow.

Thats me now paid up on the website. Just one last question if somebody could oblige, do you hold any kind of turbo or indoor club nights through the winter? Got to start getting fitness levels back and would be a good way to meet club members.

Thanks again for the help everybody

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi, Chris, welcome to the club.

If racing is where your interest lies, there are a number of club confined events (time trials) held on a Tuesday night (normally) during the less cold months, these are a good place to start. Keep an eye on the confined events thread. You do not need a licence for these as they are for club members only.

There are also the reliability runs through February, typically a slow, intermediate and fast bunch, all on the same route, setting off 15 minutes apart.

See you at one or other events.