track league 18th

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

A pretty unremarkable night from me, first scratch race i was last rider for every lap just couldnt get going. 2nd a devil, rode on the front for a while eventually got swamped and eliminated. Next points, moving up following someone through a gap, someone then swung up across them without checking and the gap that was about 2 metres was suddenly alot less, the rider in front managed to squeeze through hitting the other rider and also boards / barrier at the top of the banking, some great handling to save what would likely have been a terrible crash (it was right at the top going into the bend so would have been along way down) and he even went on to win that sprint, i on the other hand lost my nerve and just tried to stay safe for the rest. Last was a scratch, tried to make it hard early on, not the most successful of tactics - just ended up tiring myself out for when it mattered.  Stoooopid!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to be back at track for that very special first night pain. In grand company of Alan and Iain. Jets were everywhere winning all sorts, and generally being a credit to their coaches.

Full field of 25 in B group. First scratch went OK for me with a 5th. Next a was a real fun devil. Iain put in a hefty spell (laps and laps) in the second quarter to stay out of trouble. Effort caught up with him and I found myself in the last 8. That being me, one other distinguished gentleman and 6 children. Last 3 were girls, 2 of whom are still junior ! chapeau to them. A points followed in which I strategically withdrew (staggered off the track) after blowing a gasket when I failed to close the final 10m gap to a break with 6 to go. Final scratch finished about p10. Good to be back, adrenaline shot is always worth it.

Man of the match, Alan, who got second in the final points race of the night in C group. Hooray.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another night with heavy legs, didn't even come close to the front in the first race which went off like the proverbial flying rodent from the nether regions, thanks to a couple of jets. So to speak. Devil next, and managed to last to about halfway with a couple of big efforts. 24 lap scratch was a bit better again, but again, it was the jets taking it on from the front. Decided to roll round in the points race until the last 8 laps, then moved up through the field to take the front with 2 laps to go when Mattie came over the top on the home straight before the bell and opened up a gap I couldn't bridge. Still, 2nd place in a sprint is my first points of the season. So that's positive.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to be back at track for that very special first night pain. In grand company of Alan and Iain. Jets were everywhere winning all sorts, and generally being a credit to their coaches.

Full field of 25 in B group. First scratch went OK for me with a 5th. Next a was a real fun devil. Iain put in a hefty spell (laps and laps) in the second quarter to stay out of trouble. Effort caught up with him and I found myself in the last 8. That being me, one other distinguished gentleman and 6 children. Last 3 were girls, 2 of whom are still junior ! chapeau to them. A points followed in which I strategically withdrew (staggered off the track) after blowing a gasket when I failed to close the final 10m gap to a break with 6 to go. Final scratch finished about p10. Good to be back, adrenaline shot is always worth it.

Man of the match, Alan, who got second in the final points race of the night in C group. Hooray.

:)

Watched the points race from the SC offices on high and was willing you to make that final 10m gap! Good racing for your comeback.