25th Oct. - Whole Club Run to Largs

GrahamF

• Life Members

See you there

See you all on Sunday at the clubroom, hoping weather is dry & sunny for this :-)

Just like to say that - Martin (Mazadada) who have been with us since the start of the year, will be heading back to settle in New Zealand for the foreseeable future.

So, this presumably will be his last outing with the Wheelers. I would therefore wish him & his young family all the best in their new adventure!

I hope we can make it a ride that he'll remember with fond memory!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Guys, have we got a route for those going by road, ie, looking to join en-route, Bishopton or Port Glasgow or wherever suits?

Cheers

Ian

Hi Iain & All,

The usual rout in the past was clubroom - GT road - Red Smiddy - Bishopton - Westferry - Gourock - Inverkip - coast - Largs - then up the Haylie & back to Johnstone via Kilburnie.

So, I presume the crossers (the cycling type, not the dress ones :-)) will catch us coming down from Brisbane Glen into Largs.

That's what I'm assuming, maybe Graham can confirm?!

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys, have we got a route for those going by road, ie, looking to join en-route, Bishopton or Port Glasgow or wherever suits?

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian, I've not looked at this thread for a while, but on my original post I suggested going via Kilmacolm and Gourock.  So that would be via the cycletrack and down Clune Brae, the thinking is not to add extra miles before Largs so as to be within the reach of a maximum number of club members.  

You could pick up a group in Port Glasgow after we come down the Clune.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Ian, I've not looked at this thread for a while, but on my original post I suggested going via Kilmacolm and Gourock.  So that would be via the cycletrack and down Clune Brae, the thinking is not to add extra miles before Largs so as to be within the reach of a maximum number of club members.  

You could pick up a group in Port Glasgow after we come down the Clune.

thanks Graham,

if I'm not at clubrooms at 9, i'll catch you all en-route....

cheers

Ian

• 2023 Subscriptions

CX team - weather forecast very changeable but looks like a goer for tomorrow. A piece of planning advice - you might want to remove bottle cages as there is a lot of carrying :)

And bring spare socks in a poly bag to put on at Bagel basket if you are in the old age frozen foot brigade.