Donald Thomson Memorial Road Race

Thomsons Cycles

Hello Guys

I'm really sorry I missed the presentation after the race today.

I have been off ill all week and I simply had to get home after I I got back to Barmill so please accept my apologies.

Today's race I think was a resounding success and I would like to thank each and every one you, particularly Chung on giving up your time and devoting so much attention to this Race. It's greatly appreciated and I'm so so greatful.

This is the 2nd running of the Donald Thomson Memorial and on behalf of the Thomson Family I'd like to thank you all for including it in the Club Race Calander. It's almost exactly 2 years since Donald tragically and suddenly passed away and the family are still really struggling to come to terms with it but it gives them great comfort that this race exists and is so popular.

I won't drone on any further but thank you all for everything, you have done yourselves, the club and most importantly Donald proud.

chapeau JWCC

Thanks

Allan

• Life Members

Thank you, Allan & the team at Thomson Cycle for your generous support for this race!

I would like to echo Allan's sentiment regarding today's helpers, I'll name & thank them individually because without everyone's help & support, there would be no race to take place today.

Jane & Mary at the Sign-on

AllanM, AndrewD, Carol C, Dave C, George, Iain Ginty, Karen, Paul C,Peter Graham & Susan for marshalling

Paul McDonald, Iain McTavish, Iain Cowden, Allan Pratt, Kayleigh B & AlexB for convoy cars

Jann for first Aid

Richard Montague as finish line support

Margaret at the Barrmill Hall

Folks from Team Thomson (sorry, I did not catch everyone's name)

Also special thanks prior to the race day - to Paul McDonald again & Kenny Steele for teaching me a lot re race organising, Mark O for his assistance in the risk assessment, Morven Brown of Scottish Cycling for putting up with my constant questions, Glasgow Green CC for lending "race boards", Richie Proven of Glasgow Couriers for the flags etc.........

Sorry if I missed anyone, but my brains just a bit frazzled now :-)

I was given very positive feed backs from the riders as well as the Commissaires, so we must be doing something right & we're proud to do that in honour of Donald himself! So, give yourself a pat on the back for a good job done! :-)

Unfortunately, a junior rider crashed heavily & was taken to hospital but thankfully he's not too bad. I'll try to get in touch and find out how he is doing & update everyone if need be!

Oh, we even manage to get the weather right...... :-)

Anyway, thanks for reading & I hope everyone had a really good experience. If you did, then there's another chance to do it all over again next Sunday at the Sam Dooleys, I believe Kenny Steele is still looking for marshals, so here's your chance :-)

On behalf of the JWCC, thank you all very much!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Hi all,

I just spoke to the junior rider who crashed early today, Stuart Paterson of the East Kilbride Road Club. Aparently no bones broken, maybe just damage muscles but sore, thankfully!

He was on his way home with his mum as we spoke, so all good - happy ending! :-)

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chapeau to Chung for a smoothly run, well organised event.

As for the race itself well done to Alan for yet another top 10 and also to Ian A - 3rd place in the end but that doesnt tell the whole story, with him being out on his own for a long time with the early solo attack until another couple of riders bridged late on. Great ride!

Great effort Chung - meticulous research and preparation, resulting in a fine race too Ohyadancer!  Really enjoyed my first effort at driving a race vehicle - thanks for the opportunity!  

Glad to hear the young rider Stuart is not too badly off.  Really heartening to see so many Wheelers out in support - fine job done all round.

Iain