Volunteers - WoSCA Donald Thomson Memorial RR Sunday 30th August

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

As some of you might know, I’m organising one of the WoSCA race series on behalf of the Johnstone Wheelers.

It’s on the Sunday 30th August 2015, and now comes the time to ask/beg the good member of the Joansins for volunteer help in staging this race on the day.

The following are the details of the race & the number of drivers/with car, helpers & marshals that is required on the day in-order to stage the race which is to be run under the SC/BC regulations.

So, please don’t be shy and put your self forward to volunteer & help in whatever way you can and make this a great day for the racers & spread the good name of the JWCC!

Johnstone Wheelers CC WoSCA Race Series

Sunday 30th August 2015

Donald Thomson Memorial RR

Race Start time

10:00am (finish approx. 12:30pm) HQ Open for 9am

Barrmill Circuit

5 lap of 9 mile course = 45miles

Race HQ

Barrmill Community Centre

1 Beith Road, Beith KA15 1HW

PERSONNEL REQUIRE

6 Car Drivers for the race convey

(with Car - CANNOT be 4x4, high vehicles, vans such likes etc)

MUST be a British Cycling member.

6 Marshals minimum

2 Sign-on

1 First Aider (or 2, need to confirm with SC)

Catering

Any donation of sandwiches, cakes & biscuits would be hugely appreciated :-)

We will have the generous support/help from Allan & the crew of Thomsons cycles, but in order to run the race properly & safely we will need your help as members of the club to lend a supporting hand. Your time required on the day will be from 9am to 1pm at the most, so please make your intentions known if you can support / help, either by posting here or contacting me via PM of my mobile at 0790 3356 730, please also state clearly what you can or want to do in terms of duty, so that I can make the proper planning.

Many Thanks & I look forward to a rush of volunteers coming shortly  Ohyadancer!

Cheers

Chung

• 2 weeks later...
  • Life Members

Hello fellow Wheelers,

Thank you to those who have offered to help!

Here's my initial allocation of helpers, marshals & convoy drivers:

Sign-on

Jane F

Mary

Marshals

1  Iain McGinty

2  Graham F

3  Dave C

4  Carol C

5  Paul Cooper (Sorry Paul, I need your help as marshal, hope thats OK with you)

6  Richard Montague

Car Drivers

1  Iain Cowden

2  Thomsons Cycles (not yet confirmed)

3  Thomsons Cycles (not yet confirmed)

4  Me

5  ?

6  ?

This is where I'm still short, so I'll PM the 4 potential racers/helper to see if any of youse fancy that

First Aider

Jann

Many Thanks

Chung

• 2 weeks later...
  • Life Members

Hello all,

After spoken in length to the Chief Comm of the day, I'm advised to have more marshals than I first allowed for. :-(

Therefore can I URGENTLY ask any members (or members of family) if its possible to help out in this instance, you'll only to be required between 8.00am till 1.00pm (at the latest) Sunday 30th August at the Barrmill Community hall (this coming Sunday)

So if you think you can help, please post up or get in touch with me via PM or mobile 07903356730.

I NEED THREE more volunteer for MARSHALS (2 minimum) to satisfy the Commisaires request!

Sign-on

Jane F

Mary

Marshals

1  Iain McGinty

2  George

3  Dave C

4  Carol C

5  Paul Cooper

6  Allan M

7  Peter Graham

8  KarenG

9  Susan Couttie

10 Andrew Dunn

Car Drivers

1  Paul McDonald

2  Iain McTavish

3  Iain Cowden

4  Allan (Thomsons Cycles)

5  Kayleigh (Thomsons Cycles)

6  AlexB

Chief Judge

Richard Montague

First Aider

Jann

For those helpers/volunteers/drivers that have confirmed and are on the list above, I'll endeavour to PM you folks more details for the morning no later than this Friday.

So please bear with me. :-)

Many Thanks

I look forward to your kind assistance 

Chung

Edited by chung
update info.

• Life Members

Hi,

Allan McLaughlin & Peter have contacted me to offer their help to marshal, many thanks indeed!

So, I only need ONE more to satisfy the Commissaires request (if I can get 2 more, even better - that means no marshals will be on their own in the corner), please don't be shy - come forward. It's a great opportunity to see some great racing first hand! :-)

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Chung