Rothesay Weekend

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Weather was a bit dreich to start with ,was in group 2, so a step up, started quite fast and didn't think I was going to stay with it ,however managed to hang in and finished in the bunch of 5 that got ahead in my bunch, never got passed and didn't get dropped, so great day for me.

Iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough day. Started off fast in group 3 and i was hanging on a bit going over Mount Stuart - i dont think i had gone hard enough in the warm up so it was a shock to the system. Conditions were quite difficult after that with the wind but there was an EKRC rider organising things so it was pretty full on and working together (in my case mostly to avoid being shouted at!) After about half way he started attacking on his own we would just leave him out ahead, then we'd catch him and he'd start moaning at us that we were only working together to catch him. Then he'd go again and repeat. I thought we had been working pretty well it was the attacking that had disrupted things. Anyway got a timecheck with about 10 miles to go - 6 minutes to group 1, so realised then it was over and things calmed down - Hard to keep giving yourself a kicking when there is no chance of a catch. Scratch group caught up a bit before the return to Mount Stuart, i was expecting to be out the back here going up the climb but strangely managed to get over near the front, must have been the tailwind. Alan wasnt feeling great (although his not feeling great is still better than most doing the race) so offered to lead me out - it was going pretty well until near the end when he got boxed in to the kerb due to some idiot drifting over, so i went back and around the outside - rather than my usual going too early i left it too late and finished a few back.

It was an enjoyable day, good to see so many wheelers out. For those doing the novice race, it looked like a tough one - some of the kids you were up against are young but they are not novices - if the rules allowed they would have been in the APR and capable of giving most there a tough day too.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Frantic start as usual 3 riders burst away at the start and were never caught managed to keep in a small group up and over Mountsaurt think I was slightly faster

than last year. Well done to the first timers Sandra, Karen Morna and Aden all done really well and Dave C won 1st rider in E & F category. Nice to see Graham,

Andy and Peter and for their support.

Carol

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to be in the company of so many Wheelers today. Well done to the guys competing in the APR-some real fast finishes! Congratulations and a big well done to Sandra and Morna. Hopefully the 1st race of many ladies! Hats off to David Cowan on his win, and generosity at the bar :-) Thanks very much to Andrew, Graham and my Dad for coming over to cheer us on :-)

Not my best effort I'm afraid. Felt ok for the first 10k but after Paul's exit I had no wheel to suck ( :icon_hee-haw) and could not go through without going seriously into the red. Don't even have the excuse of the night out as unfortunately couldn't make it.  Held on for about half a lap then blew spectacularly. Solo'd on but then took the shortcut back to live and fight another day. Well done to Iain strong riding and chapeau to Couttie and Alex for finishing strongly in group 2