Chain gang 11 June 6.30pm

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Didn't find it as hard this week but was mortified when Big Mac rode up to me on the clune although I'll console myself with a new pb on strava for it. Suppose this means we are both going well.

good luck at the weekend to Paul McD & hope you are feeling better by then.

I was the guy in white jersey trying to cling on but only getting in the way. First ride was last night after 2 months out with an injury. 2nd ride tonight was a brutal lesson. Saw you again at the top of the Clune but couldn't close and you were gone by Kilmalcolm. Long way to go but will try again..

• 2023 Subscriptions

I was the guy in white jersey trying to cling on but only getting in the way. First ride was last night after 2 months out with an injury. 2nd ride tonight was a brutal lesson. Saw you again at the top of the Clune but couldn't close and you were gone by Kilmalcolm. Long way to go but will try again..

Sorry about not waiting at the top, thought everyone was there when we started rolling again.

Anyway keep at it, you did well for only a 2nd ride back after a couple of months out. There is a short cut up the Clune if needed https://www.strava.com/routes/2016627

• 2024 Subscriptions

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight although ever so slightly disappointed that we didn't finish at Amaretto in BoW. Another time for sure.

Good luck to the racers - Paul and Iain - this weekend.

Chris, I didn't realise you were actually part of our ride! Keep at it and as Iain said perhaps take the short cut up the Clune, at least until you get your fitness back fully.

I wasn't Darryl. I passed you at the bus stop but I was just out for a ride and knew I wouldn't last so kept going. When you caught me I thought I'd try to follow a wheel until I blew up. I'll come out from the start next week but no need to wait at the Clune since I'm some way off being ready for chaingang and will be pumped out long before there. Good way to try and fast track the fitness though.

Anyway you should've got yourself pumped out with me.. My ride finished with a refreshing ice cold beverage in Kilbarchan :P