Saturday 30th May Run - Coulport / Kilcreggan

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

I cannot do Sunday this weekend, so instead plan to head out for a pedal this Saturday hence posting to see if anyone is interested in joining me :-)

My proposed route is as follows:

0930 Bridge - Dumbarton - Helensburgh - Rhu - Garelochhead - Coulport - Kilcreggan (Cafe Stops?) - Round Gare Loch - Glen Fruinn - Back into Balloch (Cafe Stop?) - Alexander - Dumbarton - Bridge - Home

Full route approx. 60-70 miles bridge to bridge I think?

Various bail out/cut it short options - Helensburgh cut up to Sinclair St. or After Rhu up to Glen Fruinn instead of carrying on!

It would be great to have some company, as stated I've planned a meeting point at the bridge for 9.30am, but if folks want to meet at clubroom, then I'll rejig the start time for 0900 at Miller Street if it suits folks!

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Excellent day on the bike again today with fairly good weather & smashing company!

I counted 10 in the bunch - ROBBIE, Al, Alex, Campbell, Charlie, Darryl, Iain67, Iain G, Des (our guest rider on the day) & myself met & set off from the bridge this morning under decent weather but with a some what breezy headwind on the way out. Des suffered a puncture just before Helensburgh but was quickly fixed, at this point a glad but cursing Greg Balden appeared, apparently he was just a few minutes late in getting to the bridge and found we had gone so gave a purposeful chase, well done, good effort!

Onwards & upwards, all the way round the peninsula following our proposed route. A smashing decent into Coulport was enjoyed by all, a quick blast along the coast road was rewarded with the usual high standard of grub/service at the cafe in Kilcreggan. Watered & fed, we continued onto our final ascent of the day - Glen Fruinn on a sunny day is always a good one!

Campbell, Big Al & myself left the bunch just before the bridge staying this side of the river so making our way to the westend for our SECOND cafe in Siempre :-) More coffee/tea & cakes with a lot of blether finished the day off in fine style :-)

Thanks for everyone today for the wheels & company, I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope everyone did too!

Hopefully more of the same in the coming months.

P.S Apologies if I've missed anyone that was out today!

Cheers

Chung