Tuesday, 26 May 2015 10 Mile TT Championship for the Frank Lauder Trophy 19:00 Westferry 10 miles

JaneF

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done riders tonight, Blowy but dry. Great show from Mike who rode fixed gear tonight due to a mechanical.  

Iain Couttie - 17.40 

George - 17.54 

Billy - 18.23

Mike - 18.31 

Iain, George and Mike paid and backdated payment for George and AlanT - £15 given to Iain C

Cheers

Paul

In terms of re-scheduling the Frank Lauder I'd suggest we simply re-designate one of the August dates for it (no preference as to which one).  We have no recent history of successfully finding additional dates for postponed events.- largely due to the extensive confined programme we have.

I am not in favour of Richard's suggestion of displacing next week's confined on the Georgetown for a number of reasons:

• I have already paid for and got a start in two open TT events next week, including the national 25.  I don't need a third race and I certainly don't need two back to back Tue/Wed before the national.  Others I assume will be in a similar position.
  • Not sure one week is fair notice of a re-arranged club championship - an agreed August date at least gives folk a chance to re-plan their racing and entries and make choices if necessary
  • displacing a shorter Georgetown TT next week reduces opportunities for those who favour the shorter distance and the course, including Jets.

Iain

• Members

I understand Iain's point of view, but from my perspective - and I know I'll be in a minority of one here - I've been training with this one date in mind since the confined calendar was published.

If the event moves by weeks or even months then a lot of careful planning and gradual building of fitness will have been in vain. I'd prefer it if we stayed as close to the original date as possible.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Like Iain, I'm racing this Sunday & next Wednesday so it's not feasible for me to race Tuesday too although I can see Richard's point- it would be a shame for all his training to go to waste.

A tricky one & something I'm happy to leave to the confined events organiser to agonise over.

Guest EPCC

Me

I currently have no preference as I have zero form and no reason to think it will be better by August

Re attendance it's not been great on short course so that shouldn't be a reason for not having it sooner

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm just picking up on this having got home from touring.

I suggest recheduling the Frank Lauder to 11th August, this is the 3rd of the 4 scheduled League of 10s in July / August, leaving the last one as a further contingent date should the need arise. Whilst this may not please everybody, it avoids changing other planned confined events, gives the opportunity to practice in the 2 weeks previous, and avoids cancelling totally for the year.

Please PM me with any comments you may have on this.