Wednesday Evening Beginner/Taster Rides

Mark O

Good to see this group continuing to meet and grow a bit. Well done to the 'regular' Wheelers who have given of their time to get out with and encourage the newbies (perhaps newbies no more by this stage). Will aim to get out again with this group before the summer's end (did it even start?).

M

Thanks to Chris for route plan B of Brookfield, Georgetown, Erskine bridge, inchinnan, glasgow airport n home after we discovered BoW track was cordoned off. Thanks also for fixing my bike after I bashed it falling off!

Got new shimano pedals n cleats Carol, very stiff n sticky? so needed a large G&T for pain relief when I got home :-P

Sandra,

Sorry to hear about your spill. Unfortunately, such things come with the territory when converting to clipless pedals. You mention that the pedals and cleats are very stiff and sticky. Check the pedal to ensure the tension on the spring is at its weakest, this should make clipping in and out easier. There is usually a small grub screw or tab to make adjustments to the tension. See your manual for guidance.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Sandra

That's a shame but I think nearly everyone falls off at first with cleats you will get use to them, as Mark said adjust the tension. I have my tension

as slack as possible. Anyway hope you and Chris had a good cycle and your not too sore.

Carol 

Hi guys, I really enjoyed the route Chris suggested and we clocked up a decent mileage. thanks very much 4 the posts & info. I think I'm on the weakest tension. Didn't know I had a manual, I shall check the box and have a play about over the wkend and have some liquid painkillers in the meantime :-))

Hope to catch up with u guys soon

Sans

• 1 year later...

Thanks for responding earlier Alex.

Hi Alison, the next taster session is planned for Wednesday 24th August. Depending on who is turning up we try and plan a route to suit the ability by enquiring about your average distance and speed per run. Last year's taster sessions did include complete beginner road cyclists (like me).

If you email me when you come back your holidays we can chat then and see what's coming up in the way of Wednesday runs.

The email address is [email protected]

Best regards,

Sans