Wednesday Evening Beginner/Taster Rides

Mark O

Ross,

Keep an eye on the club runs section. Based on what I observed last week you'd easily fit in with the intermediates group in terms of pacing and distance. I'd aim for that level for now and see how you go for a few weeks. If you find that level a lesser challenge than expected the main bunch might be a consideration.

The main bunch would normally range further afield and at a higher pace depending on the size of the group and its make up. I'd recommend stepping up to the main bunch is done towards the end of the summer when the pace drops off a little and the routes tend to be flatter.

M

Guys/Girls

I'm overseas this week and won't be available to lead the Newbies ride. Hopefully those who have been coming along will still turn out and do something. It would be good if someone else from the club could go along and do the leader on the road bit. Not much thought required just come up with a 10 miles or so along track or very quiet road route, turn up answer any questions and give general advice and encouragement as required.

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ok should be able to make this. Will be a flat ride down the cycletrack to Lochwinnoch and back (that should be about 16-18 miles in total), speed will be beginner friendly with the aim to keep the group together and no-one gets dropped. If wanting to extend the route then can continue on the track to Kilbirnie that will add another few miles on.

Leaving from Miller street / outside the clubrooms @ 6.30

However as the weather forecast is for heavy rain tonight i will post up by 5pm as to whether the ride is going ahead or not so keep an eye on this thread :)

Good Call Iain, I am a fair weather cyclist in spite of having suitable clothing! Will watch the thread.

Sprucing up the house for the tourists return 2 or 3 days ahead of his schedule, due home tomorrow now, Oban tonight. 1559 miles to last nights camp. All down hill from John O'Groats if you hold the map up.

Jane