Wednesday Evening Beginner/Taster Rides

Mark O

I've been thinking about hosting an easy taster bike ride on a Wednesday evening for a couple of weeks.

These proposed rides would be specifically aimed at adults who are new to the club or indeed non members who are new to cycling and want to give it a bash but are perhaps reluctant to try it. I guess you could view them as a mid week beginners/30 Milers rides.

The aim would be to allow new members and complete novices build their confidence on a bike and in being part of a bunch, as well as have an opportunity to ask questions or seek general advice about cycling and Johnstone Wheelers. And more importantly just get out on a bike and ride. This would not be a coaching session. The pace would be relaxed and social nor would routes be particularly hilly. Any bike will do so long as it's 'road worthy', a helmet would be compulsory and you don't need to be overly fit either.

Routes will be based in and around the cycle track and some of the more quieter roads. Start and finish point would be Miller Street. A start time to be confirmed.

At this point I'm trying to guage the level of interest in such rides. So if you are interested or know of someone who might be interested post up or drop me an email via the wheelers contacts list.

Cheers

Mark

Guys/Girls,

I thought I had posted up details of an initial run. Evidently whatever I typed I didn't post, DUH!!!

Let's aim for an initial ride out on Wednesday of next week (6th May). Leaving Miller Street at say 6.45pm.

Easy roll down the track to Lochwinnoch and perhaps Kilbirnie. I'll be at the club rooms early to assist with any set up issues/questions if necessary and do a quick bike check. Just bring yourself, your bike, a helmet, an open mind and a sense of humour. Leave your egos, fears and misconceptions at home these will not be necessary.

Cheers

Mark

Definitely on this evening folks. The weather looks ok(ish). Rain jacket advisable and possibly a warm layer.

Chris, no need for muddies during the summer months. so no worries on that front.

I aim to be at the clubrooms at 6.30 this evening.

Cheers

M

Ross,

You're more than welcome to join us this evening to see what we are all about. Happy to answer any questions you have regards the club and road cycling in general.

I look forward to seeing you.

Regards

Mark