Don Smith Memorial Ride 2015

KennyS

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another superb Don Smith memorial. Fantastic to see Dot ( Dons wife ) still coming out to support this event.

More wheelers than I could count.

Pace in 0930 group started a lot more sensible than recent years. As soon as we got on the Irvine road the more traditional approach ensued. Go hard then harder until you drop. Great fun.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough but enjoyable at least until the Clune, cramped badly on the first ramp and after that was just a case of spinning to the end. Was going so slow up Phil's Folly that my Garmin kept autopausing thinking i'd stopped!

Thanks to Kenny and Jann for the organisation as well as those that checked out the routes yesterday(and anyone else ive missed out), great to see it so well attended.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jeezo folks, coulda hung around a bit!! Only kidding! Great day indeed, I returned, finally, at 1400. Arriving literally to the last folks leaving!

Hilarious!

Got a quick coffee and headed home! I was miles off the pace! But! I completed it anyway.

Thanks again Kenny and team!!

Greg

• 2023 Subscriptions

As already mentioned really, really tough day out today. Can't honestly say that I enjoyed it all, not even the 30mph+ bit on the Largs to kilbirnie section ( yes, I and a few others turned right at Largs instead of finishing the route). On the other hand, I took over a minute off my pb on the Haylie, so that can't be bad.

Maybe I need to do more miles.......

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jeezo folks, coulda hung around a bit!! Only kidding! Great day indeed, I returned, finally, at 1400. Arriving literally to the last folks leaving!

Hilarious!

Got a quick coffee and headed home! I was miles off the pace! But! I completed it anyway.

Thanks again Kenny and team!!

Greg

Were you in time for the wee lad's football birthday party?

Can only echo sentiments above

Another fine turnout of over 100 riders taking advantage of the best weather in i don't know how long

A big thanks to Ken and Alex for scouting the routes yesterday and to Jann for looking after the sign-on

Also, a big thanks to the Milligans at Lochbarr Services for looking after us all

Already planning next year's event in my head :-)

I'll post an update on the monies raised for the Braveheart Cycling Fund and Accord Hospice once we've received the final remittance from British Cycling

Thanks again to all for taking part

Kenny