30 Milers, 7th Dec

Ken Mac

I was monitoring the situation but I guess it isn't a good day for it. I think I might have struggled in the group. Might be a good day to get some shopping out the way,if there's such a thing. Considering a solo cycle from PG to Johnstone & back though so I will keep an eye out for the colours.

Now I understand the turbo trainers.

Rotten morning. I thought I would cycle to Johnstone to see if I could do so in the future before joining the group; not with these lungs (up the Clune brae for the first time but i made it). Ended up heading to Lock Winnoch by accident (though I am sure its a lovely place it was lack of oxygen sent me this way).

Hey Ho i thought, Largs it is and then catch the wind up the coast back to Port of Glasgow.

My mid life crisis will see me swapping a big engine for sails next boating season :-).  Wind is all good with the right planning. That's the nonsense that was in my head when I set out. 

Found a challenging little hill en route to loch Winnoch made more so by a flat tyre (nearly made it though). Phoned for the support car as I was absolutely freezing and not of the mind to fix it. 

On a positive note, thanks to the gent who stopped in his car to ensure I was all right at the side of the road. I didn't need the assistance on this occasion but the offer sure lifted my spirit. I suspect he might now be telling the story of the half wit he spotted in the poring rain when more sensible people were on the turbo but he deserves some good karma anyway,

Dusting myself off to get back on. nothing else for it.

here's hoping for better weather next Sunday.