30 Milers, Nov 30th

Ken Mac

Hi Colin,

Tomorrows route will be as flat as possible in Renfrewshire. Basically, Johnstone, Houston, Georgetown Rd, Bishopton, Kilmacolm, Auchentibber, Quarriers then Bridge of Weir, approx. 35 miles at 12-14 MPH. At Bridge of Weir option for more miles or head for home as we normally have people from various different areas. Nobody gets left behind in this group and we re-group if there is a split.

Hope to see you at Miller St.

Ken

Fabulous first attempt for me cycling in a group. (and a fine group it was too). Sense of achievement 100%. What was I waiting for?

Thanks to everyone for their patience, advice and general good company. Lots of lessons learned by me :icon_hee-haw . On the whole I faired not too badly and hopefully as I get fitter I might even hold a straight line. Certainly hope to have another go sooner rather than later.

As we finished off, I suggested to Ken that he probably doesn't remember what it feels like on the first group ride. 'tense,aching shoulders and gripping the bars like your trying to rip them off'; there's hitting the nail firmly on the head.  remembered well enough.  :smash

Have a good week everyone and thanks again Hello,beer!!