Sunday 14th Sept - Full Club Run

Mark O

• Members

Great run and good to see so many different levels out. Well done to Mark for posting the ride and hopefully room in the annual calendar for a few more. Welcome to the new faces Peter, James, etc and hope to see you back out soon. Will post up later in week to see who's all doing Rothesay next Sunday

Iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Excellent run out this morning, just what I was needing. Good to see such a large turnout. I'm sure the Bagel Basket will be well pleased with their days takings, although it is just possible we cleared them out of cakes by the time we left.

Well that went well, no? Fab turn out folks, great to see so many out in the blue and yellow. A pity that the jets were away in competition, would have been great to see some more young 'uns in the mix

7 new/old faces joined us today. Very encouraging to see potential members coming along and being made very welcome. Special mention for young Andrew out for his first ever bunch ride and doing fantastically. Hamish, what did you have for breakfast and is it UCI approved, and can we buy some. Looked very comfortable in the bunch at 12 years old - well done young man - (Chapeau Mul if thats the standard of Jet likely to graduate into the senior ranks in the coming years).

Thanks to Billy for looking after the first bunch. Highlight of the day for me, other than the riding, was standing in the BB (under new management) and listening to the amazing hubbub of cycling chat. Absolutely brilliant atmosphere.

Given the general positive reception these full club social rides get, I will aim at organising at least 2 a year. It is a good day when we all get out together.

Thanks to all those who turned out. All in all a fab day on the road.

M

• Life Members

Excellent day out on the bike what with 40-50 in the whole bunch, I just did not realise we had so many members :-)

Thanks for the wheels to follow and particularly to Darryl, Alan Fox, Iain Couttie & Billy for towing me back to Johnstone after the West Kilbride stretch!

A second cafe stop for Richard, Big Al, Iain (JanUllrich) & me in Pollokshaws topped it off for a great end to the day. Fantastic!

Thanks to Mark for the organisation & everyone that turned out, apologies to those new guys & girls for not having a chance to chat. Hope you guys will come back for more :-)

Cheers

Chung

Great run guys. Cameron really enjoyed it too, although the hills over West Kilbride finished him off! I told Daryl we'd be heading back via Highfield to rejoin cycle track and managed to bump into some of the other group. 74 miles on 13 year old legs was some going. Chillies carry out beckons! Thanks again.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to see so many out today, welcome to the new members. Bagel basket was quite a sight with all the bikes outside, when Inverclyde Velo arrived a couple of them had to hang their bikes from the tree as there was no other space!

After the West Kilbride turn got dropped then almost got back on a couple of times when it flattened out before it going uphill again, tough going so more incentive than ever to lose some weight this winter. I'll be saying the exact same thing next week too!

I spoke to the new owner of the BB (can't remember the chap's name - serious problem with remembering names) to thank him for his forebearance putting up with the horde of locusts that descended on the BB. Any hoo, he was very glad to see us this morning, apparently the serving girls had forewarned him of the cycling based custom.

I explained that the BB was the natural winter roost of the great and lesser lycra'd Joasin and that he may need a decent mop or 2 come December but he didn't seemed phased by the prospect of drookit cyclists turning up on a Sunday morning - business as usual it would appear.

Ritchie/Chung, yes easily 40 and certainly creeping towards 50 bodies on the road, which is a fantastic show. Had the jets not been off competing we could easily have had 3 groups of 20 riding once we add in the Mulhooligans, Steeles and Macleans to mention one or three.