Millport tour of Cumbrae

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Planning to go and do the TT on Millport on 22nd June. I understand there's a road race in the afternoon. Anyone else up for it?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Looking at train times for Largs and ferry times and the event start times, I'm thinking of cycling down by the shortest route for the 10.15 ferry, which means leaving club rooms for 08.45 latest. Do the TT, hang around for some refreshments, maybe watch some (or all) of the road race, then get a train back to Johnstone from Largs.

• 2023 Subscriptions

You can TT on any bike, and like Billy says, with your road bike you could do both the TT and the road race. Probably a good idea to let the organisers know you're taking part. There's a link on the braveheart forum, under events/event promotion/Millport tour of Cumbrae.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Apparently the ferry terminal on Millport is about halfway round the island from the start point, meaning we'd need an extra half hour or so to cycle round, meaning an 08.15 start from the club rooms. Anyone else fancy cycling down?

• 2023 Subscriptions

The first race is at 10.45, so we need at the very latest to be on the 10.15 ferry, giving us about 20 minutes to get to the start and register. I think we can comfortably get to Largs in 90 minutes from Johnstone, so the original estimate of 08.45 depart from miller st. Is fine.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Youths are on first, so I'm figuring 15 minutes for that. Plus Billy reckons it's only 10 minutes going over the hill. I've posted this up in the club runs section to see if there's any interest in making a club day out for it. Happy to take consensus on whether we need the earlier ferry.

• 4 weeks later...