27th april - Main bunch run with intermediate and 30 miler bunches welcome!!

gregbalden

• 2023 Subscriptions

What a fantastic day today!! It was soo nice to see many many members of the club start together. It brought a great sense of unity to the bunch and a chance to meet some new faces. It also helped the smaller bunches, the 30 milers and the ints getting pushed a bit further and harder. Something that's good for anyone, and more so to progress!!

Thanks everyone for turning out! I hope to hear the other bunches tails and reports.

Greg

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Greg for the combined bunches idea. The run down to the ferry was fast and furious... I thought we heade

d for the 9.30am ferry at times, but all good training. Met up with Ken at the ferry and me,Dave,John, Karen, Ken and newbie John decided to take the straight flat route to Strachur. After the brisk warm up on the way down we made good progress up Loch Eck and made the cafe in about 45mins. Waited a while after coffee and cakes and bacon rolls but no sign of the other groups so headed back in glorious sunshine. Good to run on smooth quiet roads and smashing scenery. Toyed with going back Whistlefield high road but bit of a headwind made decision to carry on. Left Ken at ferry as he was wanting more miles so five headed back to Gourock and then up the Clune...bit of a struggle for my old legs but made it home with 75miles on clock. Great day out and well done to all....should do it again in future. Carol and Dave Ohyadancer! :banana

Hello everyone,

Thanks for one of the best days I have had on the bike. A friend from work (Michael) joined us for the ride today and from his experience and the friendly atmosphere, not to mention Chungs sales pitch I think we could have a new member.

With Drumlanrig fast approaching I have been trying to get the miles in but with other distractions lengthy runs were few and far between. Maximum of 58 before today.

Set out this morning with the intention of meeting the rest at the bottom of the Clune but we were making good time and got to the Ferry in time for the 930 one. Didn't have to wait long to be met by an impressively large bunch.

Once on Dunoon I, and 5 others opted for the middle route, there was a climb before splitting from the main bunch that I think just about killed me. As I reached the top and everyone patiently waiting Daryll was taking a pic or video of me approaching. If you can PM me this (just to see the look on my face either happy to have made it to the top or happy to be alive.

The long slow drag towards Strachur was pretty brutal but rewarded by a high speed decent which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

A wee cafe stop and then back down the side of Loch Eck. Thanks to Paul and Andrew for their long spells at the front and helping with the run back in to Dunoon.

Once back in Gourock it was a quick run along the A8 until we left the other 4 at the foot of the Clune. Michael and I headed back to Renfrew via Bishopton. Ended up with 93.7 miles on the Garmin. Made me feel a lot better about Drumlanrig next week.

Greg, great idea about the run and hope as a club we can do this type of thing more often, also a thanks to everyone for making my friend feel so welcome, he's been raving about it since.

Jody

Darryl,

1) Where it says 'More reply options' bottom right click it and it gives option to attach files but are limited to 43.8 K which is not much.

or

2) Upoad to Flickr. I know Jann has done this. Not sure how to do it myself.

or

3) Upload to Facebook. Do we have JWCC Facebook?

or email them to me [email protected] and will try to do something. Any techheads out there suggest anything else?

EDIT: just noticed the Facebook logo at the top.

• 2023 Subscriptions

st Christopher tt was cancelled at last minute due to roadworks so Ian couttie and myself discarded the tt bikes for proper road bikes and headed up to Strachur via the rest and be thankful to meet up with the main bunch for lunch. We did our own 2 up tt to arrochar where we stopped for a coffee and cake or in Iain's case cream cake. Sat outside in glorious sunshine overlooking the Cobbler. we then headed for The Rest but instead of taking main road we went up the old military road. There was a classic car race going up the hill and despite our best efforts we did not podium. Having hit the summit we had a glorious downhill section followed by a trip along Loch Fyne to Strachur. There we saw no wheelers but were joined by Stevie and a few fellas from Paisley Velo. We gladly joined their train as far as The Clune.

Smashing day even though we missed the mighty joansin.

Hopefully I have followed Jans instructions and there should be 2 photos attachedpost-3363-0-35235500-1398710876_thumb.jpgpost-3363-0-80341000-1398710902_thumb.jpg

Yeah, a great day out with fantastic lunch spot at Kames. Mini fringale for me just before the Clune - should have had some of Chung's chips ! Thanks to Greg for the gel and Chung and the others for waiting.

What about this for next Cowal / Kintyre outing.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/403464230

About 90 from clubrooms. Lunch at Portavadie Marina.

http://www.portavadiemarina.com/restaurants-and-bars/

Ferry back from Campbeltown to Ardrossan 1655 on a Sunday. Arr 1935. Train home - or ride if not too many recovery drinks consumed. About £20 in ferry fares.