27th april - Main bunch run with intermediate and 30 miler bunches welcome!!

gregbalden

We usually leave Miller st at 08:30 to catch the 10:00 ferry so I suggest we stick to that.

I am coming up the back road from Lochwinnoch so will pick you up on the track at the Pullman Inn, Kilmalcolm.

If not there I am probably ahead of you so do not wait. You will probaly catch me.

I will stop at the shop for my ticket.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'll be at Miller St for the run down to Gourock, but I can't afford the time for the trip to Dunoon as I'm off to Ireland on Monday. I'll probably carry on down the coast to West Kilbride or maybe Kilwinning or Troon to get some miles in ahead of the Tour of Sligo the following Sunday.

We usually leave Miller st at 08:30 to catch the 10:00 ferry so I suggest we stick to that.

I am coming up the back road from Lochwinnoch so will pick you up on the track at the Pullman Inn, Kilmalcolm.

If not there I am probably ahead of you so do not wait. You will probaly catch me.

I will stop at the shop for my ticket.

Paul,

Would it be easier for me to meet you at Lochwinnoch?

I'll be at Miller St for the run down to Gourock, but I can't afford the time for the trip to Dunoon as I'm off to Ireland on Monday. I'll probably carry on down the coast to West Kilbride or maybe Kilwinning or Troon to get some miles in ahead of the Tour of Sligo the following Sunday.

Hi Boyd

I'll be in for the run to Gourock but not onto Dunoon, I can only be away till early afternoon this time but fancy a run down the coast.

Not too sure of roads etc over that side of the water so if someone could post up options so I can have a look at the map that would help a great deal.

I seem to remember a route we did a couple of years ago, some of the Paisley Velo boys came along and we climbed a few hills with a nice decent in to Otter Bay(???) and then a nice roll along the waterside before a cafe stop. After this it was the run back in to Dunoon along the loch side on some crackin road surface.

Again not sure what the options are but this was certainly a good route.

Also if it's the 10am ferry, what time is everyone looking at being at the bottom of the Clune ?

Thanks Jody

Guest john_s

The intermediate group was discussing this last Sunday. It boils down to four 20 mile runs with a good rest after each. The roads (Dunoon - Strachur) were good in 2012.

There are few major hills if you just do the basic run. The only real hills are on the way back. Coming out of Strachur is quite easy and that leaves the Clune after about 70 miles.

Any thirty milers would find the Dunoon to Strachur and back a nice run.

John Simpson.

• Life Members

Not too sure of roads etc over that side of the water so if someone could post up options so I can have a look at the map that would help a great deal.

I seem to remember a route we did a couple of years ago, some of the Paisley Velo boys came along and we climbed a few hills with a nice decent in to Otter Bay(???) and then a nice roll along the waterside before a cafe stop. After this it was the run back in to Dunoon along the loch side on some crackin road surface.

Again not sure what the options are but this was certainly a good route.

Also if it's the 10am ferry, what time is everyone looking at being at the bottom of the Clune ?

Thanks Jody

Jody,

I would hazard a guess at 9.10ish at bottom of Clune, but if you get there before or after I would suggest you just cycle on towards Gourock. If we're late we'll catch you eventually, if not at least you're heading to the ferry.

We only pass Otto ferry if we do the C11 or head towards Tighnabruaich, in which case I doubt we'll be doing this Sunday. But don't worry about the route once we get over, we'll make sure everyone knows where we'll be heading/stopping for cafe.

Cheers

Chung

Thanks for the reply guys, was just seeing if there was any route that I could see on Google before hand. If anyone knows and doesn't mind posting up that would be great. If not I'll enjoy the magical mystery tour (without the LSD).

Chung I'll aim to be at bottom of the Clune for about 9 and just keep going, pretty confident you guys will catch us.

Anyone heading from Renfrew through Bishy ?

Last question I promise, can anyone post the location of the shop with cheap Ferry tickets. Thinking nearest street reference (or name of the shop). I was late the last time and just about had to throw my bike on and jump on myself and pay top dollar for my fare.

Oh that was a long post

Jody

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'll be starting from Kilmacolm and perhaps meet up with Paul C. and the bunch from Miller St. at the Pullman pub en route to the ferry.

On the other side I see 3 options, depending on whose there and what demand there is for an intermediate route:

1. Loch Eck to the cafe - 18 miles.

2. A eastern route via Ardentinny - 24 miles

3. A western route via Loch Tarzan and the A886 - 30 miles

The last one goes to the base of the C11 hill but I will NOT be doing that hill (I did it last year!).

• 2023 Subscriptions

What option are you thinking of opting for Graham? I think I'll leave from Miller St, but haven't done the ride before so not too sure of the routes once at Dunoon.

I fancy something more interesting than the shortest route, but don't want to be chasing the main bunch, so that leaves option 2, Ardentinny. I've not been on that route before so it would be good to try it if we have a bunch willing to give it a go.