Joining the Wheelers

KarenG

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi guys, I am hoping to join the Wheelers :icon_hee-haw I've been out on a couple of the Reliability rides this year with the 9am group, and rode the 45 mile circuit at the Don Smith ride last weekend. How much is it to join the fun?

Apart from the Braveheart ride and the Don Smith, I'm a total newbie to events, but would like to give TT's a try-are there any coming up? Also, can anyone give me some advice on which British cycling membership to go for?

Cheers,

Karen

Karen

For the confineds you don't need a race licence or BC membership I would advise that you join BC as you get access to some decent content in their insight zone

Think it's 30 pounds to join the club that let's you ride all the TT confindd

Guest George

Hi Karen, Billy is correct about not requiring BC membership for confined events but I reccomend taking out silver or gold BC membership as it has substantial personal liability cover included.

First event this Sunday then Tuesdays through April.

Hope to see you out soon.

Karen, you need to ride in your small chainring on the front (presuming you have two of them, if it's a triple chainring then the middle one. You can change your rear gears to you heart's content, just the one hill in it really, two laps of the circuit

Karen

This is a sort of fun event

To make it fun you can't use your big ring on the front

This is made unusable by cable ties , you then go round in whichever gear you can pedale making it a leg speed issue