Restricted Gear TT 16/03/14

GreigS

The first confined event of the season could someone please timekeep and post on here the results as there are awards up for grabs

If some kind soul could also post up the route for those that want to ride that would be great

pretty sure its a 10am start but i have been know to be wrong icon_rolling_smile

Greig

That's not the course Kenny, it's run on a loop that starts on the Beith lugton road, opposite the long driveway that had the Eggs for Sale sign, goes to the left turn onto the braes road to Glennifer, up to the crossroads, left onto the Greenacres road, left at the 90degree bend, towards Beith, then left back onto the Lugton road and repeat

(or don't repeat if you're Couttie with a puncture)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Happy to come along and help with the time keeping and recording but not done it before and need professional help!

If I come by car is there a suitable spot to park?

I think there will be room for a car or two in the little side road at the start.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mechanical disaster strikes during final shakedown testing!

Out doing some last minute adjusting on the TT bike tonight and the rear mech jumped off the hanger and into the rear wheel. Fortunately at low speed so I stayed upright, but the Trek won't be out to play tomorrow. I now need to go and adjust my trusty old Raleigh into TT mode.

Well, it was that or watch the rugby, and from what I saw, falling off a bike would have been less painful...

Oh no, disaster!

I went round the course this afternoon, there was a car upside down through a wall on the right hand side of the road on the Glennifer Road, halfway between the lugton and Greenacres roads, only issue would be if a tow truck turned up.

The surface is mostly pretty good apart from the usual concentrated deluge of potholes on the bit just down and round the corner from the Greenacres Road turn off, you could lose a bike down some of them. There is a reasonable amount of mud in places from tractors running about, be a little cautious if it's still wet.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorted. Looks like the Trek will need to go to the shop to be fixed. The rear hanger looks as though it's been riveted on, and I don't have the tools to fix that.

Hi Guys, Well done to those who took part on a wet and gusty morning.

Here are the results

Adam Hazle 33.28

Alan T 35.06

Graham 36.07

Andy 37.12

David 40.12

Karen 40.48

Mary 43.00

Carol 43.31

Boyd DNF

Will send photos to Alan for the website, David, Adams dad sending me some too.

Thanks to Len for sorting the STOP/GO Roadworks to give priority to the cyclists and to Ian for timekeeping tuition and doing most of it.

Hope that your rear wheel got you home OK Boyd.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Jane and Ian for the timekeeping, shoving off and cake. Got to be pleased with that time in those conditions. The wind turning off glennifer rd. uphill and rough surface was just brutal.

Big well done to young Adam, sailing away up the hills as if it was easy.