Wednesday 4th May league 10TT No.1 results

A good turnout for the first of our League 10’s with 10 riders participating in what was a very windy night. A severe head wind on the way to the Newarc roundabout and a tail wind back.

We had a load of riders taking part in their first 10TT, I can assure you that the way out isn’t usually as severe. Well done to you all.

A tremendous time from Steve Blom, and probably more amazing was Vicky’s time as she finished with a puncture, finally running on the rim.

The League championship is a handicapped event, based on how close you get to your PB, for those who took part for the first time this is your PB and I’m sure that you will find this time tumbling down over the next few weeks making for a very close and interesting competition.

The Glasgow Herald has asked for us to send them our confined calendar results, such is the popularity of the Johnstone Wheelers, so you could find your names being published. So keep up the good work. This week Steve Blob phoned them giving them the results of 1st, 2nd & 3rd fastest seniors, fastest Vet and fastest Female.

Result

Ist Steve Blom (1st Senior)

2nd Ian Manson (1st Vet)

3rd Katrina Hair (1st Female)

4th Scot Donaldson (2nd Senior)

5th Stephen Leckie (3rd Senior)

Times (personal best times before this weeks event in brackets)

Steve Blob 22.45 (21.13)

Jim Leckie 32.05 (1st Time)

Stephen Hickie 27.08 (1st Time)

Kenny Steel 32.12 (1st Time)

Katrina Hair 24.34 (22.22)

Ian Manson 24.02 (22.33)

Stephen Leckie 26.14 (23.43)

Vicky Begg 26.50 (24.17)

Craig Dick 27.42 (1st Time)

Scott Donaldson 25.14 (22.30)

As another note of thankyou, I'd like to thank the newest member of the Wheelers for her vocal support at the start, and for her Dads help with holding and pushing the riders off.

Alan King turned up with Sharon and baby Shonna, Alan was intending to ride but had trouble with his track pump, so gave a very helpful hand with the timekeeping, Sharon and Shonna joined us at the start with Shonna shouting encouragement from her pram with shouts of Dig in coming from under the covers.

Thanks again Shonna, your cries were very much appreciated.

Nice1 George!!

Big thanks to Roller Hamilton(Aka VIN DIESEL) for doing the Time Keeping and putting me aff 1st :angryfire Well better get used to that then as thats the way the club works it.....

Ian Manson cheers for coming round to collect my wheels.

Rita and Monty thanks for coming down to support us all standing in Artic conditions.

Amazing how the Weather works - afternoon it was scorching!!!!

Hope to see you all again next week , hopefully others too who have not been before!!

Steve Blob!

All the names were put on a separate sheet and randomly given numbers between 1 & 10, I then asked Katrina and Rita to give me a number between 1 & 10, Your number was the first to be picked giving you first on the line.

It seemed like a fair way to do it, However if anyone else has any other preferred method they are free to use it when they time keep, as long as you let Stevie pick his own preferred position.

That was my first time down at Westferry and found it absolutely hellish on the way out. I've no idea what gears are on my new bike (i suppose i could always have a look at them and maybe count the pointy bits) but there certainly wasn't one that worked well into the wind :oops:

i noticed that Katrina was sporting her new club skinsuit with the world champion rainbow ensignia. It made me think: there can't be too many places where you can turn up for an evening of exercise with your club on a Thursday night and end up on the same playing field as a world champion?? Inspirational Oh ya dancer !

I'll be back for more - if only i can get this work thing to stop interfering with my cycling

Cheers

Stephen H

I agree Stephen ,

Kat is a class act the best !!!

When i was on my way back at the turn i seen Kat coming towards me in the distance - her position on the bike was just Awesome !

The best i have seen so far - low low down and she was as cool as a cucumber - no movement what so ever unlike me rocking about left to right.

Pedal stroke is just sublime.

I just about stopped to have a good look and thought my god thats how to do it.

Inspirational !!!!!

Stevie B.