Winter bike for sale

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Folks

Having a clear out - too many bikes (now up to n+2!). The bike has been well-used, and has the usual marks, but it still looks tidy and is in good working order. Details:

Frame: Kinesis Racelight Frame and Carbon Fork, colour silver. T-T 55cm Ideal for someone 5 7" to 5 11" (I'm 5 9)

Wheels: Campagnolo Khamsin with Michelin pro 3 tyres

Group set: Campagnolo Centaur 10speed

Gears: 48x 34 front; 12-23 rear. (Ideal winter setup)

Mudguards

Rear Rack

No pedals.

£250 for quick sale

PM me if you want to view

• 2023 Subscriptions

A point of order.

surely, n= current number of bikes.

n+2 is a theoretical value. As soon as n+1 is attained, n+1=n.

z= the number of bikes it is possible to own without significant spousal grumbling

y= number of bikes (bike) thought required by said spouse.

note z>y

your status may be z+2.

Disclaimer: This does not constitute legally binding advice nor a mathematically sound formula

Marginal Gains A wee bit of help.

• 2024 Subscriptions

One might have thought that n+2 is incoherent (except for comedic effect), but actually recent work on bicycle number paradox theory has shown this is mistaken. The paradox is resolved when one understands that the value n is actually a composite composed of a 1st order n and a 2nd order n*. Thus n+2 should be read as n*+2. See Gunson, 2010, for a complete explanation.

Flawed genius! I'm, however, concerned over the "Having a clear out - too many bikes" opening statement. Does this not fly in the face of your theory of n=n+2.

Your post suggests for you Darryl your current affliction is actually n=n-1, unless of course a sale subject n immediately leads to plans being hatch for new shiny n Ohyadancer! in which case universal parity is restored.

• 2024 Subscriptions

After returning from a half-term break I'm surprised to see the interest in my original post. It is clear that this is quite a controversdial subject - thanks to Alan etal for clarification - but one thing we can all agree on, I hope, is that, other things being equal (a big assumption), one CAN have too many bikes, if the exisitng steeds deprive a NEW bike of a place in the stable!

BTW anyone need a winter bike!