Training / season 2014

Guest EPCC

Looking for some more lab rats for this winter and into 14 you don't have to be racers just willing to commit your time and efforts

Done some more research so will be refine some of the plans

Starting some time after September more likely October initial sets will be simple Latic Heart Rate tests to set training zones can do it with power meters and a weigh in

Found some profiling questions that help I'd weaknesses so will use them

Planing on doing level 3 at Manchester 2014 so might need you after that

This years general torture will commence 28/10 with a 2 week transition period, looking to have a four week recovery period from End of september for those that have not followed a structured programme and all other the programme is broken down into 4 week blocks 3 are working hard weeks one is to allow for adaption.

Blocks Are

Rest/ Recovery 4 weeks

Transition 2 Weeks

Block A 4 weeks

B 4 weeks

C 4 weeks through to g, at this point some will do other things explained nearer the time.

Home work required for October

Revue of this season id weaknesses and set training goals alng with season goals

October rest period just play on bike or off bike introduction to weight sessions and establishing base lines ( testing and it will be a ramp test so it will be hard )

You will also have to work out how much time you will have for training estimate as a yearly total example i hope to do about 500 hours over the year more likely be 400

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Billy,

I am interested in joining in with this, but could you confirm what day / time you plan to run it and if you are happy to have complete beginners as well as main bunch members involved?

My wife tells me she would like to be fit enough to join the 30 milers next season, could this programme help her with this?

Graham.

Home work for those who dont know how much time they have or if they have time please fill in the attached

Take that back cant attach it so

Go to Brittish Cycling web page Coaching Forms and fill in the lifestyle form

Ta