Track league 26 June

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just a wee heads up if (like me) you were trying to put an entry in for the track league next week and couldnt do it - there is a message on braveheart forum that due to a mix up the entry isn't opening until Monday morning and they will be accepting entry on the night for this week.

• Members

Iain, I tried to enter on Friday night, and when I couldn't, I posted to the Scottish Track League Facebook page to say as much. That seems to have prompted the message on Braveheart. I cannae help wonder, if I was the first person to query the lack of online entry, three days before the normal deadline, is it going to be another quiet night?

Paul, Big Al, Alan, Billy - are any of you planning on going? Right now, I still intend to, but if it's going to be deserted, I'd rather do the Renfrew bunch on the Tuesday. My legs aren't up to both.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richard. I wont be there. Going to Spain on Tuesday.

Speaking to Hugh the commissaire at the JWCC race yesterday he was telling me the league will be off probably till after the junior worlds which are about mid August.

And the next time I am there I should have 2 new friends with me, of the 60mm front and rear carbon variety:)

• Committee

Taking two experienced Youth As, one M one F, to race with the older groups.

If you have an older A wanting to race then suggest you clear it with Janette but I reckon most of our As are at least up to D fitness and beyond that for skill.

Hoping for as many riders as possible. If there are only three groups then we will be doing a lot of laps!

• Members

Cycled over to the 'drome tonight. Legs rather sore. Took my bike and rollers out of the locker and had a seat. At twenty-past six there were a grand total of seven riders in the track centre. Went over to the sign-on desk. Five Bs on the sheet, none of whom had signed on. Seven or eight As on the sheet, three of whom had signed on. The plan for the evening was to put me and my sore legs in with the As again. I took it as a omen and went home. Alan and Duncan were arriving as I was leaving. Iain Dietplan was there too. Hope you had a good night, folks.

• Committee

Hi Richard

It filled up quickly after you left. We had about thirty riders so were split into two groups A/B and C/D which raced/rest alternately.

Pretty big workload, 170 laps of racing, and very different to the winter league of around 50 laps total. No time to sit and chat.

Katie and Lewis were very comfortable in the A/B and C/D groups respectively.

Six wheelers/jets was a great turnout.

I am going to lie down now. It was Duncan's first night, once he has recovered I am sure he will let you know how he got on. What a start to track racing.

Alan

• Members

Good stuff. And third place, Al! What was the speed like compared to three weeks ago?

Glad to hear it got busier, but also glad I went home. I'd have struggled in that group even if I'd been fresh. I shouldn't have went out on the road bike on Tuesday after turboing on Monday. Can't resist when the sun's out, though.

Pretty much the same people again plus Lewis and another couple of B's. The third was in the hare and hounds, 1 1/2 lap head start for us 4 B's over the A's, we got a B 123, Lewis was second, I spent too much time in the wind chasing down A's :). You would have been fine Rich!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ha. Ian I agree about the 10lap scratch. I was coughing for about 10minutes after that. Thought I was finished. Anyway success for me was two consecutive races not being dropped! Even managed a sprint (sort of) and a few laps off the front waiting for Alan who didn't realise it was me. I was all for taking a lap. Yeah right.

Summary: not fit enough but great fun. Martin made disparaging remarks about my lack of souplesse, more like a sack of tatties.

Try again when it restarts :-)

Duncan.