Lochore Triathlon

Alan McLean

• Committee

Lovely weather this year for the Scottish Sprint Champs based in a wee country park in Fife. Last year was drizzle and 9 degrees, this year it was sunny and 17 degrees.

swim in loch then 20something k road bike round Cowdenbeath with a 5k run to finish.

Extremely busy, about 500 athletes.

we started in waves which makes it difficult to know exactly where you are in a race. Anyway no-one passed me on the bike or run from my wave but I only got 4th vet so I reckon I must have been well beaten in the swim.

Delighted to find that ERC give wine as prizes, much more fun than a pair of inner tubes.

Then straight back to the velodrome for the Youth Omnium and relaxed watching our younger riders make the podium. Ohyadancer! :banana

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Congratulations Alan. Can't believe that I didn't see you.

Great day out in Fife. My first venture in to open water this year so thank goodness the sun was shining. Open water swimming is defo one of my favourite things.

The usual manic start with people swimming on top of you etc. all fighting for space. A few girls passed me on the bike, but I passed many more. Also caught quite a few on the run so finished about 8th female (still waiting for the officail results).

Just looked at my results from doing the same race in 2011 (missed last year to injury) and on my clock, I have taken 7 minutes off my time!!

Ohyadancer! Job done Ohyadancer!