JWCC Confined APR - Thursday 13th June

Ramsay

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

George is showing off his internal hierarchies. Nice!

Didn't know they had popped out, it's these hotpants!

Safely tucked in again. :)

• 2024 Subscriptions

We have 10 confirmed riders.

Is this enough?

Groupings should be:

1st group: me

2 mins: , Colin, Paul C, Mr Diet Plan

4 mins: David B, David T, Darryl,

5 mins: Ross, Paul, Andy

Anyone else fancy it? You don't have to be a main buncher!

Fixed that for you!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

In barca drinking cava not caring

Fantastic

Guys, Billy is in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, sipping cava, feasting on tapas and chips but you just know he wishes he was on Peesweep tonight.

It's a peculiar condition commonly known as "being a cyclist" ;)

Sort of enjoyed tonight but it's abundantly clear I need to lose some serious beef. Strong on the flat but the slightest incline and I'm hanging on.

Colin, is there no a decent chippy in Bishy that you could frequent? :P

Guest Ross Toole

8 hardened soles turned up at the peesweep tonight.

After a bit of debate and Geo getting the new nickname of zippy on behalf of his wheels and his big mouth we wish had a zip on it, we decided 7 laps of the smaller route.

2 groups were made, Paul c, zippy, Ian and Colin followed after 2.5 mins by me, terminator, gummies and Davy b!

Frantaic pace at the start mainly by Andy who I'm sure is doping, we will read it in his book in a few years. Caught Paul c after two laps who stayed to cheer on a lap the cycled home and caught the next three after 3.5 laps with Colin catching onto the back. 1 lap to go and another couple of big turns into the wind on glennifer road by andystrong up the wee climb and I made a wee solo break managed to stay away and come over the line first and Davy b lead out terminator and gumtador with Paul taking the sprint.

Good night, very windy.

Finally Paul give it a rest with the sneaky thirties, halfway down the bowfield when I'm chatting to you doesn't count!

X

Good workout tonight, legs feeling much better and gradually getting back to full fitness. Was taken by surprise by Ross's nifty attack on the last lap and was simply in the wrong position to do anything about it. Chapeau to all for turning out on a blustery night. Made a change from battering down the Westferry. :icon_yes

• 2023 Subscriptions

Indeed good fun and good to see everyone out. Nowhere to hide on a windy night especially with Andy doing his impersonation of a diesel train. And Ross going even harder. Now we are dialled in the gap should probably be about 3.5 mins.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

I thought this evening was great fun and would definitely be up for more APR malarky. Good to see such a great turnout from everyone! First couple of laps were seriously hard work until we settled into a bit of rhythm. The bunch worked really well together everyone taking their turn. The position to avoid was being behind Ross as he went to the front. Lap 7 I never expected a break at the top of the climb and Ross was unstoppable in Cancellara style. We'll need to check that germanic focus for a BMW engine I think! Davie B powered in the final leg of lap 7, with Paul sitting behind, and me behind Paul. Once Paul went there was no way I could take the sprint, even though I'd had a decent chance to rest.

Andy

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

I lay in bed thinking of this last night.

Andy works at a university.

Universities teach medicine

Medicine=drugs.

Some cyclists take drugs.

Andy may have a key to the university

It's all makes sense now :)

Guest Ross Toole

No. This is NOT a confined event / race

It's a training run

Aww man! I was signing autographs and getting photos taken after it! I feel a bit of a fool now!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Aww man! I was signing autographs and getting photos taken after it! I feel a bit of a fool now!

& charging £10 a pop!

I demand a refund, you fraud!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I lay in bed thinking of this last night.

Andy works at a university.

Universities teach medicine

Medicine=drugs.

Some cyclists take drugs.

Andy may have a key to the university

It's all makes sense now :)

Thanks for the compliment George:-)

Andy