Bute Triathlon 2013

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

That's it. My tri season has begun. Summarised in 2 words........wet and windy!!!

Fair to say i was a little nervous this morning as it has been over a year since i have raced. Spray tan mid week would have been good to take the glare off my legs!

A warm pool swim was followed by a hilly bike ride straight in to the wind. Defo need to get used to the new TT bike in windy conditions. The dead turn at the end took my about 2 minutes to negotiate and there were a few swear words on route when the wind caught me. Yes Alan, you would have been very unimpressed with my lack of skills (didn't end up in the ditch though). A 3 lap run route through mud and puddles, up steps and over a bridge made it a wee bit different from other events.

Overall time somewhere close to my PB which I am happy with. No idea where I ended up as the chip timing went array and seemed to have missed out some of the run legs. I could have been 1st lady if I hadn't fessed up to not really doing a 15 min 5K (that's like Mo pace for those of you who don't get it). That is Mo Farrah for those who don't know who I'm talking about........wee skinny guy, great british hero and double Olympian!!!!!

Great to be back and looking forward to the next.

E x