Wed 24th track endurance

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well there was certainly endurance in in the endurance night. Might just be the best nights track racing so far I reckon. 160 laps of mostly eyeballs out racing. Never more than 100 before.

B group had

A wee 10 lap warmer ( Lewis 1st, me 3rd)

A 40 lap scratch, ( me 5th, Lewis saving his legs wisely)

A 50 lap points, (blank results)

Than the coup de grace, a 60 lap scratch ( Lewis 2nd by a whisker, me 4th)

Magnifico

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

No D last night so i was in with the C. Think i got 2nd or 3rd in the points so pretty pleased with that. Didnt really do anything in the scratch races apart from a daft breakaway which sort of happened by accident rather than intention!

Final scratch race was a bit heated after a few laps when there was nearly a crash and someone started arguing with a young rider from Falkirk (I know shouting is part of racing but the boy didnt do anything wrong and it was the guy doing the shouting who was at fault)...rather than start arguing back he attacked and lapped us all, right way to go about it! Wish i had the legs to do that :)

• Committee

how many riders in total now? Have numbers gone down after winter?

I should be on for this but 160 laps is mental. That must be fifty minutes of full-on racing! Chapeaus all round.

How much did C and D groups do and how did the organisers fit in so much track time?

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was the person shouting from GGCC by any chance? And we'll done to Andy Brown for coming back and lapping you all :)

Dont think so, not sure what club

How much did C and D groups do and how did the organisers fit in so much track time?

There was no D group this week - much to my alarm when signing in :D It was 10 lap scratch, 30 lap scratch, 40 lap points and 40 lap scratch.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Janullrich, you need to introduce yourself next time :)

Alan, about 18 in groups B and C and a couple less in the A.

With only 3 groups, no youths as they have their own night, you basically had 1/3 of the 3 hours on the track less changeover times. So yes about 50 mins for B. the final group B was meant to be 80 laps but time ran out, thankfully

:)