Tour o' the 'shire

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

I was looking at weather this morning and weather looks distinctly dodgy on Saturday and given temperatures there is likely to be much residue on Sunday. Transmitter Hill in those conditions likely to share aspects of grimness that only east Ayrshire can deliver. It's St Paddy's day in Sunday so why don't we celebrate with a bagel (I know I'm not just speaking for myself here)?

Don Smith, nice fast road, with bagel?

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

So how about 9am club rooms, up Bowfield, over to Lugton then nick it up round to Bagel basket?

:)

Nice! Turn right at Auchintiber? Post BB up the Clune, turn right again at Kilmacolm to Lochwinnoch?

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Can not believe it had tooth extracted yesterday but went wrong and ended up at dental hospital today for surgical removal of 2 roots from sinus cavity. Now have6 stitches in my mouth so Ayrshire alps out for me. Hopefully pain will subside tomorrow and I will b at miller st for. 9am on sunday

• 2023 Subscriptions

charlie are you up for hard man of the bunch? burst bones and open mouth surgery,what will it take to slow you up? I think perhaps a visit to the head doctor might be in order.

iain

ps is the pace of this ride going to be over 20mph as i wont manage my winter bike at that pace.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

It's not just when its raining. The roads will be still be wet and covered in crap long after it stops!

In agreement with Darryl here.

Ross, if the satsuma isn't up to the job then get it serviced.

Iain, you will keep up no bother & if the weight of your bike is a issue (which it shouldn't be on this ride) then just invest in a lighter bike :)

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Very generous offer George will send the bill.

No muddies on good bike, so will hang fire for two weeks until that magical change of clocks when Scotland becomes tropical.

X

Ross, sorry if I sound a bit of a grump here but rules is rules.

You are still a callow youth, if you are still cycling when you get to my age you will understand.

Think of me as Yoda to your young paduan Skywalker. I will teach you the ways of the cycling galaxy.

That eejit Billy is the dark sith lord.