Tour o' the 'shire

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Being doing some homework on routes and suggest an 65 miler from Crosshill which takes in 6 big climbs with rolling roads inbetween.

The 6 climbs have vertical gains

1) 300m

2) 125m

3) 150m

4) 150m

5) 250m

6) 150m

By way of comparison the Clune is 125m from roundabout to highest point. What do ya reckon ?

Ohyadancer!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Knowing Charlie, he will have been tethered to his turbo for the

last month, only pausing for toilet breaks & bacon roll infusion.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Being doing some homework on routes and suggest an 65 miler from Crosshill which takes in 6 big climbs with rolling roads inbetween.

The 6 climbs have vertical gains

1) 300m

2) 125m

3) 150m

4) 150m

5) 250m

6) 150m

By way of comparison the Clune is 125m from roundabout to highest point. What do ya reckon ?

Ohyadancer!

Crosshill start sounds excellent Paul!

Shall we agree meeting time? Crosshill is south east of Maybole about an hour from Millar st. Can I suggest for starters an 8.30 meet at Miller St for cars and lifts etc?

Andy

As I will be at the cup final watching the mighty Saints

I shouldn't comment but I will anyway

Why not bring out the bling bike and the Easter bonnet

Can't wait till Sunday might buy a new scarf come on YE SAINTS

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Is there not a football forum somewhere that Billy can talk to St Mirren's other supporter on?

What are the road surfaces like down this way? Is it good bike stuff or an uphill Roubaix?

• 2023 Subscriptions

I am wondering with weather -2c Sat night and 3c on Sunday in Barr, whether it might be better to postpone to later. The roads are very rural and could be icy.

I am happy to go as routemaster if majority are up for it.

Alternative could be transmitter or perhaps a repeat of the Don Smith route as many seemed to enjoy the fast flat route.

Ohyadancer!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Paul, if it's likely to be at all icy I think we should postpone. Untreated rural roads could be treacherous. Especially with all the up & downs we will be doing.

Lots of the roads round transmitter hill could be dodgy too so a brisk batter down the coast might be a good shout.

What do others think?

The roads down that part of the world will be on a par with any up here or in argyle. Paul makes a fair point regards icy surfaces. Once off the beaten track there will be little gritting and little traffic. I hadn't intended joining you guys this weekend, need to do my own thing for a few weeks but I'd think twice if its very cold Saturday night and Sunday morning. Whatever you decide have a good one and stay safe.

M