Tour o' the 'shire

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

"Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,

O, what a panic's in thy breastie!

88 miles and 8,000 feet

Thou'll be yearning for yer ain wee street"

So following on from some chat in the Audax there seems to be some appetite for a reconnoiter into 'the shire'. This will require transport down to Girvan. It looks pretty horrible too! There's 6 to 8 hours of cycling and 9 climbs so for those planning the landings on Mallorca this year this would be good training.

http://ayrshirealps.org/wp/rides

I reckon best date would be 7th April giving the summer bikes a great treat after weary winter. After that date you've got WOSCA series on 14th then Jim Daly on 20th. The week before is Easter Sunday and such a long day might stretch some families holiday patience somewhat?

Who'd be up for it?

post-3499-0-75021800-1362216242_thumb.jpg

• 2023 Subscriptions

Only possibility for me looks like 16/17 March, Or possibly 30th (Easter weekend). Anyway see how majority works out - I can always amuse myself with the transmitter circuit!

You can save a bit of journey by only driving to just beyond Minishant, it's just as good as Girvan for access to hills and essentially the same route can be done.

Also allows a 10 mile warm up before gravity grinding.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Speaking to the folk today and the consensus for the best date seems St Paddy's day. That's 17th march for you sassanachs

May your blessings outnumber

The shamrocks that grow,

And may trouble avoid you

Wherever you go.

Andy