Wed 27th track league

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Saving themselves for Rollapaluza on Thursday night? ;-)

Shh! Haven't told them about that. Unfortunately Pauline has to go to a team meeting at a brewery in Kilkenny this week (tough job) which means track league logistics would just be too complicated.

• Committee

Only six of the club were at the league which is now running very smoothly thanks to Janette and her team

The groups are well matched and the older youth riders (u16) are finding their places in the senior groups.

Only Paul and Richard in the very tough B group which looks scarey fast. Paul 5th in scratch and grabbed early points. Richard in top third in scratch and points. I left early and await final report.

Euan Hay dominated the youths and we strongly suspect he will be politely invited by the organisers to join one of the older groups.

Jess was in the main bunch for most of the racing and well up in the devil.

Katie's plan to build on Sunday's success in the omnium was spoilt by a couple of bad starts but she was first girl in a couple of the races.

Adam was riding well in the top six of the devil (about 20 starters) when he found himself closely inspecting the boards. Bit of a scrape and a broken spoke. The front wheel was very kindly replaced by Willie Cosh who also offered to fix the wheel overnight. Thanks Willie.

My new bike is probably in Dooleys as I write so hope to be back in action next week.

Ciao

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes another good night. Strange how in one race you feel like the proverbial bag of spanners then you come round. Fine performance from the jets as always. With Lewis not there a podium spot was vacated in the B's and this was handy for me in the last race. I think his compadre Rhys won just about every B race !

Noticed the senior participation dwindling - only me and Richard last night v 7 or 8 previously. Hopefully see some more next week.

Ohyadancer!

• Members

^ All true. That was a cracking ride from Paul to podium in the last scratch, bouncing back from cramp in the devil.

The B group riders are pretty evenly matched. Positioning yourself well in the bunch becomes really important as a result because the energy cost of trying to go around the outside is huge. I can't seem to get it right. I alternate between being too far back when it all kicks off and doomed attacks off the front. Is Lewis available for private tuition?

Working next week - back for more on the 14th.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

How long does it take to come ? When you see me whizzing past you then you'll know pmsl

Grieg, no need to wait for your license. If you paid for it on line you can print off your details & hand it to the ladies who dish out the race numbers on the night.

Entry on line is simple enough, they only ask for your membership number. Race licence info is checked using it.