30th jan

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another fine show of JWCC and jets.

For the seniors the fine show was in numbers, not results. With exception of Alan who got a magnificent 3rd in C scratch and a magnificenter 2nd in devil.

Lost track of all the splendid juniors efforts.

Great to be back on track.

see this alliteration with the word track.....

Ohyadancer!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

People in front too slow George?

Too many people riding in a manner that doesn't enamour me.

It's my track. Mine. I may stop sharing it if this continues.

• Committee

We had five seniors and seven youth riders. I was very impressed by the speed in the B group where Lewis and the other A youths were really ripping it up. Lewis got some sprints in the points race and Paul was just outside the podiums. But massive chapeau to Richard who was straight into the Bs after a ten week gap !

I think Iain and George spent too much time at the front in their group, plenty strong but just missed out at the finish. Really good racing.

Danny M has finally got his mojo back with a second and two fourths in the youths. Sarah was clearing up the girls podium and a a big mention for Jess M who is fairly new to the track but wore the club kit well and was right up there with a very good bunch of young racers.

I benefitted from a smaller C group and, as ever, confirmed my complete lack of sprinting ability when it counts.

Remember to enter online by 6 on the Sunday. It would be good to see even more people there.

• Members

What sort of speed do the races average particularly the C and D? Actually i dont even know if there is a D I might just be making that one up.

I've listed the average speeds of last night's points races below. All of these races were contested over 20 laps. The numbers are based on the winners' times.

D - 25.5mph

C - 27.4mph

B - 28.5mph

A - 30.7mph

• Committee

Oops I forgot to mention Richard's spectacular attack in the scratch race.

He was alone and well off the front for a three or four laps.

Only 1k and 60 or 70 seconds but it feels like several months when you are stuck out there.

The bunch were a bit nonplussed and hesitant. It took a national pursuit champ to pull the gruppo back onto his wheel.

Shame, a fantastic effort from Richard.

Gonna book my place for next week.